Reinventing chicken breast-Fajitas pron

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
A little backstory. My youngest brother was inbetween places and had a full box of boneless, skinless chicken breast in his freezer. He called me up and asked if I wanted the chicken breast since he was going to toss it due to moving everything into a storage facility until he found a new place. I don't like chicken breast at all but at the same time I hate to see food wasted so I told him to bring it over and I'll figure a way to use them.

Being a weeknight tonight and trying to go fast/easy I figured fajitas will be perfect since I had some cooked beans, fresh uncooked tortillas, peppers, serrano chile and onions that needed to get used before going bad.

Here's my leftovers dinner that came out insanely good :clap2:

No pics but I first sautéed the onions and peppers with fajita seasoning and set them aside.

Next I seasoned the chicken breast with fajita seasoning and put them in my Lodge CI

WBA5BZvh.png

I took them to about 150 and sliced them up

HaD0HIvh.png

Perfectly cooked, tender, juicy and not flaking when I cut them

uIGEYLLh.png

Put the chicken and peppers back together to sauté a few more mins to incorporate all the flavors together

XkqudBxh.png

Warmed up/cooked up the uncooked tortillas

QjjRyCgh.png

Plated up

nResK3Bh.png

I made the last one into a taco after I saw half of an avocado and some crema in the fridge

:clap2::clap2::clap2: Even more farkilicous

SgwZw4Gh.png

sZjXmigh.png

Thanks for looking ladies and gents!

Downside is I still have a bunch more chicken breast left. Poor me. I got reinvent again. Stay tuned! :becky:

Sweet!
Now I know what GTR has to bring me when he's coming to TheNetherPharkinglands again...Cholula!!!
Since Cowgirl send me some I'm totally hooked to that stuPh!

Another thought to use some of those up, make dressing, gravy, squash, mash taters and you have a holiday feast. ( Just made that this past weekend)

Looks great, Sako! I'd hit that hard...

Try butterflying those breasts and hammer to equal thickness.. Then marinade in Italian dressing, Lemon slices, crushed red pepper, salt and onion. you get great penetration in just a few hours because they're so thin, then grill on a super high heat.. only takes a couple minutes and you get some really good results.. Its how we roll for tacos/fajitas all the time..

nicely done. i love it when left overs actually turn into something better.

Sweet!
Now I know what GTR has to bring me when he's coming to TheNetherPharkinglands again...Cholula!!!
Since Cowgirl send me some I'm totally hooked to that stuPh!

Yea Phu, Cholula is one sauce that is in it's own flavor profile and goes with some things and doesn't with others but it went excellent with this. I usually use a lot of the bottle in one sitting so I know what you mean. :thumb:

Another thought to use some of those up, make dressing, gravy, squash, mash taters and you have a holiday feast. ( Just made that this past weekend)

Looks great, Sako! I'd hit that hard...

Try butterflying those breasts and hammer to equal thickness.. Then marinade in Italian dressing, Lemon slices, crushed red pepper, salt and onion. you get great penetration in just a few hours because they're so thin, then grill on a super high heat.. only takes a couple minutes and you get some really good results.. Its how we roll for tacos/fajitas all the time..

Thanks guys! Will def do since I have plenty left still.

You could do a stuffed/rolled chicken ABT.

I would pound out the chicken like making parmigiana, butterfly a pepper or few (whatever to cover the surface area of the chicken), whip up a cream cheese mixture (add shredded cheese, rub, etc), roll it up, wrap in bacon, grill indirect

You could do a stuffed/rolled chicken ABT.

I would pound out the chicken like making parmigiana, butterfly a pepper or few (whatever to cover the surface area of the chicken), whip up a cream cheese mixture (add shredded cheese, rub, etc), roll it up, wrap in bacon, grill indirect

Oh man! That sounds really good. All these great suggestions.

Thanks bud!

Back