Real Deal! Shirley Fabrication

2FunKids

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Yesterday was one a one of a kind real deal! I went and picked up the Shirley Fabrication Smoker cooker Tyler and the crew built for me! Paul and Sharon were there and while we visited two of the guys from their crew loaded and strapped it down, Thanks guys! I wanted your picture but I got distracted.

So not only did I get to see the shop, Meet Paul, his wife and the guys that helped build the cooker, I got to see the pride that goes into each cooker they build. To top it off nothing could have been better than bringing this memory home.

The cooker, well, Amazing! I just unloaded it and I still might season it tonight. I went with the 24 x 42 cabinet Patio. I had several thumbs up from pickups on 65 North! I thought one guy was upset with my driving but he was trying to tell me he was jealous as he pointed at my trailer. At first I thought I might have been blocking the fast lane, lol.

Real people, Amazing product, amazing pride! A "real deal" to remember! Thanks crew at Tyler Fabrication! Thanks Tyler, Paul and Sharon!

Attachments

• IMG_0832.jpg
    IMG_0832.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 542
  • IMG_0836.jpg
    IMG_0836.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 541
Thanks again and it was worth the 14 hour drive each way except for when i tried to open the windows half asleep 2am at the rest area with my wife in the back of my Suv when the Alarm went off with the horn blaring, lights flashing, interior lights on...i had to drive off in my boxers and figure out how to get it to turn off at the next exit. So now I have two memories to rember.. My wife is telling everyone, so thought i would share it thinking it might help me get over it..:oops:

Saweet shirley!!! If you don't mind me asking, how much did that set ya back?! Round abouts...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That's gonna look awesome on the patio. Congrats! Correct me if I'm wrong but don't most people drive without pants? Have I possibly been doing wrong all these years?

Wow -very envious- good thing I look good in green

There are a lot of cookers "in the hey, look at what I just got" threads. While almost every one is very nice and the new owners are justifiably proud- a Shirley is a special thing. Big congrats.

Thanks, haha, coming from Michigan at 40 degrees and ending up at 85 in Tuscaloosa made me wonder why I didn't have shorts on! On the way back I had a guy telling me about a BBQ Place in Tuscaloosa, I think it was called Dreamland BBQ. I should have looked Up local BBQ and stopped by there.

Thanks for all the compliments, it's one thing I miss from my good old Dad.

Sweet cooker!

Looking forward to some pics of your first cook if you have time. :)

Thanks! Ok just started the fire.

Is it ok to keep posting in Q talk wih this thread?

My nephew is graduating from Davenport college so I have an hour and a half.. I I used a dollar store foam roller paint kit and oiled it up on the inside with cooking oil. I used 1-1/2 small chimneys of lump and two 9" oak splits and its at 190. Do i add more splits or see what happens when the oak starts to coal up? I cant see the smoke. I need more heat. Its about 40 deg here.

Attachments

• IMG_0847.jpg
    IMG_0847.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0848.jpg
    IMG_0848.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0845.jpg
    IMG_0845.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 192
Ok, I think I needed a thinner split. I added a few thin pieces of wood and its going up. This is the first time ever Running one of these types of smokers. I am use to the BGE. Its at 260. Smoked cooking oil smells pretty good:-D

Attachments

• IMG_0851.jpg
    IMG_0851.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 188
Great meeeting you guys......it should be at 250 easily in30/45 minutes.... make sure you have good seasoned wood that will ignite fairly easy and burn clean.... no smoke... well you have a clean drafting cooker... that's a good thing.... the type of wood you use will dictate the smoke flavor/ profile you get.... and questions pm or call me.... thx

Back