Randy Twyford out of Jacksonville, IL(Ulcer Acres BBQ Competition team) on Master Chef tonight

I made it through three rounds of castings for that show and got cut in the final round. Kinda glad it happened after seeing them roast one of our own.

Clint,
Could you please share with the rest of us not so handsome and talented folks how the process works? Did you have to travel? do you have to pay for all of your own expenses etc?

Clint,
Could you please share with the rest of us not so handsome and talented folks how the process works? Did you have to travel? do you have to pay for all of your own expenses etc?

They had in person tryouts in several cities across the country back in January and people lined up outside with a dish then had a couple minutes to tell two judges about their dish and why they would be good for the show. I went to a tryout at a cooking store in Manhassett and there were about 500 people waiting in the rain with their food. Everyone also had to fill out a HUGE questionnaire about cooking style, favorite dishes, etc.

Luckily I had been prescreened and went right in so my dish went from the grill, to a cambro and into the judges mouths in a span of 45 minutes and was still hot. They immediately pulled select people (about 20) aside and gave them info for a call back a day or two later in Manhattan. I went to a hotel suite across from my office and did a one-on-one interview on camera for about 30 minutes answering a bunch of questions. I also had to give them a bunch of photos.

A day or two later they called to tell me that I had made it to the next round and I had to fill out a huge psych evaluation document/background check and tape a video of me in my daily life...cooking, family, etc. This had to be sent to them within like 48 hours.

They then selected the 30 or so people featured on the first episode, roughly half of which will be cut then it will reduce down American Idol style til they get a winner. Nothing was paid for in initial castings but anyone in the episodes got expenses covered and a daily fee. Entire shoot was five weeks.

Back