Ranchers Store Front Meat Processing

Killer prices!

I wish I could find something like that locally, oddly enough I can’t.

What do you like about them other than having cuts that you won't find elsewhere?

There needs to be more diversification of meat processing that can operate at the local level with the farmers in the area raising the animals and serving the local customer base, without there being unnecessary bureaucracy making the situation more expensive to the consumer and less beneficial to the farmer. The only way that really happens is for the people that care to stop shopping from their current suppliers which are likely national or international in scale and divert their money to the local guys like these. I'm as guilty as anyone at this, although I've been trying to spend more in that direction these days.

There needs to be more diversification of meat processing that can operate at the local level with the farmers in the area raising the animals and serving the local customer base, without there being unnecessary bureaucracy making the situation more expensive to the consumer and less beneficial to the farmer. The only way that really happens is for the people that care to stop shopping from their current suppliers which are likely national or international in scale and divert their money to the local guys like these. I'm as guilty as anyone at this, although I've been trying to spend more in that direction these days.

I don't live in cattle country, so it's not possible for me to buy local. However, a couple of the local grocery stores sell locally sourced produce and fruits when in season. Proudly displayed as such.

In the geography where the animals dont grow natively, there can still be shops providing products from those types of farms though. And there are, but the overwhelming majority in either example come from just a few places, currently.

I have searched and searched for a local meat source, sadly to no avail. I am reluctant to order protein online.

I have searched and searched for a local meat source, sadly to no avail. I am reluctant to order protein online.

I've ordered many times from Snake River Farms, Creekstone and decades ago Omaha Steak. I've never been disappointed, though Ive read the stories of those who are.

That's probably because the market isn't there, sadly. The way I look at things like that is the natural law of the market would say that if is were a need, someone would've filled it, and if there's not enough of a demand, those places either close or never go into business in the first place.

I too am hesitant to order meat online due to past negative experiences, but I've had plenty of good ones as well. Feels like a roll of the dice though.

I have a local market that's very proud of their butcher shop.

"We source our meat from handpicked locations and cut everything in store."

Wherever that is.

Back