THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JerBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Hey all, thought I'd share a bit of rainy Sunday rib and ham pron. Fired up the offset and once she was up to temp I threw the spares and ham on at about noon30. Used a mixture of lump and sticks of maple with a little cherry. I had rubbed both with some stuff I'd bought from a guy at a local BBQ competition over the summer. I slashed the ham about 1/2 inch deep in a diamond pattern (OK sort of a diamond-ish pattern). Sprayed them every hour or so with my home pressed apple cider mixed with a bit of cider vinegar. My girls love helping out so that's their job.:thumb: It was a windy, rainy low 50's kind of day but didn't seem to give me too much trouble thanks to the roof and windbreak in my outdoor cookin' area. I hit them both with a finishing glaze of brown sugar, honey and mustard which is the kind of funky colored yellowish stuff in the photo. Mighta looked a bit odd, but ate pretty dang awesome. Good use of a freezer ham and some ribs. Can't hardly wait until next weekend - gonna get the fam together for some thin blue smoke and press some apples while they are still plentiful. Later...

Attachments

• IMG_8740.jpg
    IMG_8740.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 58
Back