THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANother hour and a half to lunch, and I'm looking at those excellent ribs?
I'm bummin.
I have a coupon for that free bottle of rub too. I need to try it.

The rib tips actually came out good this time!!! I cleaned all the meat from them, tossed in my bbq sauce and added em to pork & beans....came out really good.

I didn't care for the Penzey's BBQ3000. To me it had an odd metallic taste and an unpleasant aftertaste. Maybe it's the artificial smoke flavor they put into it:icon_smil

I didn't care for the Penzey's BBQ3000. To me it had an odd metallic taste and an unpleasant aftertaste. Maybe it's the artificial smoke flavor they put into it:icon_smil

I was wondering how they tasted too. They look amazing, but I haven't seen a post with the final taste thoughts. Results??

I was wondering how they tasted too. They look amazing, but I haven't seen a post with the final taste thoughts. Results??

Not sure if metallic tasting is correct, the rub is ok, but there is a spice in there that i dont care much for.

these are ingredients in the bbq3000 that i usually dont use in bbq'ing
nutmeg
allspice possible suspect
ginger
cinnamon

also there is
citric acid this is a possible suspect
smoke flavoring

Back