THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

also so you know bbqers delit is the only pellet that is 100% of the wood it says it is on the bag the rest of the pellets are like 20 % hickory and the reast is adler...

Not true...Like I said earlier, cookinpellets are 100% source wood. I was under the impression that BBQers Delight used oak as part of the hard wood in their pellets?

From their web site...

"Our pellet grill fuel is flavorwood blended with oak to give you consistent, clean fire for your pellet burning cooker and plenty of great smoke flavor for your food. Percentage is 1/3 flavorwood to 2/3 oak."

Maybe the small bags are 100%?

Keep telling yourself that...I bet you dont eat Quiche either! :shock:

Isn't quiche eating required by law in California? :-D

I tried the pellets from cookinpellets.com and they were very good. I have a bunch of FE pellets that i bought from a local competition cook after he switched brands due to a sponsor arrangement so i haven't bought any more.

Isn't quiche eating required by law in California? :-D

I tried the pellets from cookinpellets.com and they were very good. I have a bunch of FE pellets that i bought from a local competition cook after he switched brands due to a sponsor arrangement so i haven't bought any more.

Much like if you live in the Chicago are you must consume 1 deep dish, and 1 Vienna Beef each week!

There is a place in Burbank called Taste Chicago, owned by this guy and his wife...

Joe%20aka%20David%20Rossi%20low%20res.jpg

They say they have the best ribs in the "Valley" Did not know Chicago was know for it's ribs. Did not go for that anyway.

They had an Italian Beef sandwich, which I did want and ordered it, at $7.95 I thought a little pricey for just a sandwich...and at the time I did not pay attention, cuz I have had like 2 Italian beef before in my life, both in LA. I came to realize it did not have the giardiniera or peppers, they were a $1 more. I ask you Chicagoites...Is that right?

Way off topic, I dont believe he cooks with any of the below mentioned pellets! :eek:

What we have done here in Colorado at the Rocky Mountain BBQ Association is do a group buy with BBQer's Delight. Right now I just put in my order. Were getting a 40lb bundle of pellets( 4 -10lb bags) for $10 and then split the shipping, which last year added another .45 per 10lbs.
Ordering in mass is the way to go and the way to save some serious money! Might be worth your while to check with individual associations and see if their is enough interest in doing a mass order.

You'll feel even dirtier when you have to walk up to stage to collect your rewards. Oh and when you go to the bank to deposit your checks... I feel real dirty then...:twisted:

umm... what ever happened to.................

Its the cook, Not the cooker? :twisted::biggrin:

(Some of us DO walk to the stage with our stickburners. :tongue: Its a bitch getting it up the stairs though).

seriously, I never thought there would be a learning curve with an FE. So far, Im not feelin the love. Im hoping switchin the pellets to BBQ delight will give me results im looking for.

seriously, I never thought there would be a learning curve with an FE. So far, Im not feelin the love. Im hoping switchin the pellets to BBQ delight will give me results im looking for.[/quote]

Thats because you are a true stick burner, Phil.

I think the ex stole my smoke pistol and pellets, cause I ain't seen that thing since!:tongue::biggrin:

Back