Question about Sam's Club BBQ tour

I don't understand the complaining,

X2

I suspect even if they had water run to the sites, folks would cry about the asphalt, or the store closing at normal hours or the sun coming up on the Saturday of the competition.

I use 5 gallon Home Depot buckets to anchor my EZ up, I suspect at the SAM's events I have to refill them Saturday morning. So, I make one trip when I arrive and one trip Saturday morning. We are talking about pushing a shopping cart over asphalt a distance of ohh, 200 yards, max?

I've done 3, never had any power issues in Texas our Missouri.

All four Sam's events we did in the last 2 years had central water from a spigot, but 20 amps of power delivered to your site. We have buckets with us anyway, so not big deal to grab a shopping cart and fill 'em with water for dish washing. (No shopping carts at the finals, but nobody that made it to Bentonville was bitching about that. :becky:)

If you want water pressure in your trailer for an event with no hose feeds, consider using an RV water pump to feed water from buckets to your trailer. They will cycle on/off automatically. They run about 60 bucks:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Flojet-03526-144A-Diaphragm-Automatic/dp/B002P33KVQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1356243398&sr=8-4&keywords=rv+pump"]Flojet 03526 144A Triplex Diaphragm 3526 Series Automatic Water System Pump : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

They make a garden hose adapter for it [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Flojet-20381-007-Quad-Port-Fitting/dp/B002UC8SUU/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1356245292&sr=1-1&keywords=flojet+20381007"]Flojet 20381-007 Quad Port Fitting : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame] and I would recommend using one of those wire inlet screens that fits in a garden hose on the intake side. Use a heavy duty hose so the pump vacuum doesn't collapse it.

If you need a 12v source: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Schumacher-PC-6-120AC-Power-Converter/dp/B0012BL8LG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1356245713&sr=8-2&keywords=110v+to+12v+converter"]Amazon.com: Schumacher PC-6 120AC to 6A 12V DC Power Converter: Automotive[/ame]

So for about 80 bucks, you can rig your trailer to run at contests that don't have running water. Sam's isn't the only one, we have 2 other events we normally go to that have the same kind of setup.

Last edited:
Not complaining, just want to know what to expect.

Knowledge is King! Better to have me expectations set up front.

The Igloo cooler sounds like the best idea, just to be safe.

Also, now I know why I see so many of them at comps. I was kinda thinking they might have been filled with bourbon! :thumb:

wallace

Found a good use for the shopping cart after hauling water back to the cook site:

shoppingcartgrill.jpg

shopping-cart-grill-600x450.jpg

wallace

Aluminum foil, foil pans, huge ziplocks, re-used plastic bottles & jars. I only have to wash injection needles. Maybe a sauce pot but even that can be aluminum pans as well. I'm all done doing dishes at comps.

Aluminum foil, foil pans, huge ziplocks, re-used plastic bottles & jars. I only have to wash injection needles. Maybe a sauce pot but even that can be aluminum pans as well. I'm all done doing dishes at comps.

Don't forget disposable cutting boards. Handier than a pocket on a shirt. :biggrin1:

Back