Question about Pig Candy

I like layering mine with maple syrup or Hot Squeeze before sprinkling on the sugar and cayenne or chipotle

Wow it sounds like there is a whole new art form opened up to me I have yet to explore! Sounds great!

Btw--what is "Hot Squeeze"? :icon_blush: It sounds great!

I love pig candy and so do my friends. I use thick sliced bacon, smoke it until almost done and then coat it with a mixture of 1 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup chipotle seasoning). Sweet, smokey...and SPICY. Good stuff.

How does this sound?

Place bacon on a broiler pan, on the smoker until cooked.
Flip and add sugar/pepper mix
Flip a second time to add more sugar/pepper mix

Tie on large bib and enjoy :-D:-D

What do you think, by coating both sides???

How does this sound?

Place bacon on a broiler pan, on the smoker until cooked.
Flip and add sugar/pepper mix
Flip a second time to add more sugar/pepper mix

Tie on large bib and enjoy :-D:-D

What do you think, by coating both sides???

For me? No. If you cook it all the way then add the sugar, then the bacon overcooks. I'm sure it will work, but I like the end result to be more chewy than burnt. You have to cook it long enough for the sugar to cook/set and if you do that after the bacon cooks fully, then it has to cook that much longer.

Unless you want it that way

I like layering mine with maple syrup or Hot Squeeze before sprinkling on the sugar and cayenne or chipotle

If I cannot find the maple flavored bacon, I do the same with the syrup. One lesson I learned early on is not to pick up/move the bacon with your bare hands. Hot melted sugar burns and sticks and burns and.....

Back