Quesadilla and Ice Cream

JMSetzler

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
John
My girlfriend and I hosted her 5 and 6 year old nephews for several hours this afternoon, so I decided simple quesadillas and ice cream would probably be a pleaser... Nothing fancy at all for these kids... they are picky eaters and don't like much of anything out of the ordinary, so the quesadillas were simple flour tortillas filled with the 4-cheese mexican blend in bags from the grocery store...

quesadilla_0200.JPG

We made four of these and there wasn't much leftover.... the star of the show was the home made ice cream...

icecream_0201.JPG

This, my brethren, is the BEST ice cream freezer on the planet. You can show me your electric models all day long and I won't change my mind :)

icecream_0202.JPG

She's loaded up and ready to crank...

icecream_0203.JPG

This thing is built like a cockroach... It will survive a nuclear holocaust...

icecream_0204.JPG

And the international rules of home-made ice cream etiquette plainly state that if you don't crank, you don't eat!

Today, we made creamsicle ice cream... This recipe expands into just about four quarts...

4 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 cups heavy whipping cream
2 cups milk (I used whole milk)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed

Whisk the eggs until they are light and fluffy. Add the sugar a little at a time and whisk until mixed completely. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add to the ice cream freezer and follow the manufacturer's instructions for freezing.

Next time I make this, I'm gonna add a can of drained pineapple chunks near the end of the freeze cycle. I think that would push this already fantastic ice cream recipe right over the top.

Enjoy your weekend! I have to work :(

Creamsicle! Good job.

Try putting ice into a glass and filling it up 1/2 to 2/3 with cream soda, then top it off with orange juice (no pulp). Very refreshing creamsicle drink

The ice cream is fantastic. It's super rich and creamy. I will be adding pineapple chunks to that one on the next go... but my girlfriend wants some chocolate with mini marshmallows in it next :)

Quesadillas and home made ice cream, now that's a winner. My prob, haven't made either in to long:-D

Back