Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Que and Cruz, Louisa, Virginia July 16-17, 2010

From Facebook: GC is Black Cat BBQ, and it appears that Lo-N-Slo was RGC.

Way to go Jen and Jack!

Last edited:
Sorry I missed it. I didn't stay for the award announcements. There was some good BBQ at that comp. Congrats to Black Cat BBQ!

Great job big sis and jack on another GC....Looking forward to easton next weekend...:clap2:

Congratsto Black Cat on their Grand and and Lo n' Slo for Reserve! Kudos to everyone who walked!

It was great meeting Rueben and the Hogback Mountain bunch. Great neighbors, hope to see you in Bel Air!

Congrats to Black Cat. They walked away with it. Hell of a showing. Congrats to all who walked.

I'd like to give a shout-out to Bill Small and his family for all they do for us. This event is a pleasure to attend. Thanks yall.

A pic of Cat Sass in action at Que and Cruz right before chicken turn in time! I took a pic but didn't want to interrupt your cooking, so I didn't say hello. Maybe next time.

picture.php

Gotta say a big THANK YOU to Chix, Swine and Bovine (Mike and Barb Richter) for giving me two racks of ribs after I opened mine and found they were spoiled. Love BBQ people!! :clap2::clap2:

Thanks everyone, we had a blast at this one and cant wait for Easton this w/e!!

Great time to be had by all. Thanks to everyone for stopping by for visit. The Big Ugly Tiki Bar, ver. 2, was a HUGE success, not to mention the pool was fully used throughout the weekend. Back-to-back wins for best booth, now if I could only learn to cook!

If anyone has pics, post 'em up or please send me a copy on email.

Don't know how to top that for next year, maybe the slip n' slide, or a frosty beverage machine. Got home last night, and fell into bed. Need a vacation to recover from my vacation.

Congrats to Black Cat and Lo n' Slo for their wins, and to everyone who got a call.

Brother Bill (and the family), love ya man, anytime you need somethin', give me a call!

What a weekend! It was hot HOT HOT but that didn't defray any of the festivities. Huge kudos to the Small family for the organization and execution of this event. Special thanks to all the volunteers who labored in the heat to bring the event off.

Congratulations to Black Cat and Low-N-Slo for Grand and Reserve.

A special thanks goes out from me to all those that made my wife Hillary feel so welcome at her first start to finish event.

The beer/margarita fairy will return next year.

The Friday MABA sanctioned Anything But event generated some fantastic entries. The desert category was so tough that if you got a 178.0000 you came in 4th!
Here are the Anything But and Just Deserts results
NON-DESERT
Team Name Non-Desert Score
Virginia 'Q 178.2858
Hog it Up 173.1428
Big Ugly's BBQ 172.5714
Get Hooked BBQ 169.7142
Q-This 167.4288
Wood Chix 167.4286
Hogback Mountain 166.8574
Dizzy Pig 161.7148
Lo-N-Slo BBQ 161.1426
Big "C" Stew-n-Q Que 153.7142
War Pigs 152.5712
The Crazy Rednecks BBQ 151.9998
Pavone Brothers BBQ 150.2858
CRUZEN 2 Q 147.4288
Backyard Burners 141.7144
Pot Belly BBQ 136.5716
Jackie's Crew BBQ 130.2860

DESERT
Team Name Desert Score
Wood Chix 179.4286
Jackie's Crew BBQ 178.8572
Lo-N-Slo BBQ 178.2858
Q-This 175.4288
Big Ugly's BBQ 174.8570
Black Cat BBQ 172.0004
Virginia 'Q 168.5716
Big "C" Stew-n-Q Que 166.8572
Pot Belly BBQ 159.4288
Hogback Mountain 159.4288
Backyard Burners 142.8574

Dagonne Boshizzle! wish you had made it back! thanks for the picture, and sure would have had time to say hi. Big Ugly and the tiki bar and pool are catsass! The Small family, tops all around. Without all the "volunteer campers" delivering ice, I think a lot of us would have boiled. my therometer had 102.8 friday about 6pm in the shade.

Had a great time, I want to apoligize for the disturbance on Saturday night at our site. My 19 year old brother in-law got mouthy with his 35 year old brother and it escaladed into the 19 year old saying to his brother to "bring in on B!tch" well to make a long story short that is exactly what he did:boxing: I've had to lay down the law to them all if they can't have fun then stay the fark at home.

A pic of Cat Sass in action at Que and Cruz right before chicken turn in time! I took a pic but didn't want to interrupt your cooking, so I didn't say hello. Maybe next time.

picture.php

Sorry we missed you, Boshizzle. Wish you would've come back and said hi.

I just noticed I had on the paper towel bandanna while cooking the chicken. But Rick has one on when we built the boxes. :-D

This pic was taken right after last turn-in. We were waiting for our runners to get back for a celebratory beverage.

135celebratetime.jpg

Hey Rick, what you got in the shaker? :icon_shy

Guess it doesnt matter. We sucked eggs at this comp. Dont ask us for any advise. :redface:

Had a great time, I want to apoligize for the disturbance on Saturday night at our site. My 19 year old brother in-law got mouthy with his 35 year old brother and it escaladed into the 19 year old saying to his brother to "bring in on B!tch" well to make a long story short that is exactly what he did:boxing: I've had to lay down the law to them all if they can't have fun then stay the fark at home.

I was right next to you and didn't hear a thing except the fans.....no worries!

Back