Q for a Brethren - all nighter on the Shirley!

Butts gave up around 205-209ish. I let em sit for a bit, wrapped in foil and are now coolered for travel. Briskets are about 180 and exiting the stall. Moved em up to the sweet spot under the stack where the butts were.

Dogs pitched in and helped with dishes.

Yum.

The less i sleep the more i have to eat. When i pull all nighters by daylight im ready for a western omelet hash brown and a side order of biscuits and gravy. heck I'm ready for that right meow.

Briskets lookin good.
Me Tooooooo! At my last comp we had a crock pot full of meat balls cooking on low all night, so when I could refuel on demand. Worked out beautifully and I managed to not get grumpy..lol

Oh yea. We hid some brisket for Dennis later when we were cutting it. The rest of that is gone. There was about 50lbs of pulled pork, so I think there were leftovers on that.

What a feast!! Deliscious Q made by Shagdog. We have some leftovers, which is great for me and Shag as I will bring some to work Monday. The rest will be vacuumed sealed and thrown in the freezer. All the guests raved. The party was a hude success and the rain held off until about 9pm. Good thing I rented a party tent, because by that time all I had to do was sit down, enjoy a strong drink and listen to the rain with the remaining guests.

Thanks y'all. Man o man, Hit the sack right after the Hawks game and slept for a solid 11 hours. And I have to do it all over in 2 weeks, so at least I know what I'm in for now.

Den, I'm glad everyone enjoyed the food. It was a great party, and thanks again for the bourbon thank you gift. You know me too well.

Back