Pulled pork, served 2 ways

aks801

is Blowin Smoke!
Smoked a 8.5# pork butt today, first time in a while. Trimmed some fat off it, rubbed it with a fresh batch of Mike's Magic Dust. Put it in the WSM at about 8:30 AM, spritzing occasionally with H2O/Apple juice. Easy, peasy. Took it off at about 4:15 or so, let it cool a bit then wrapped it in foil for a few hours.

Here it is all pulled/shredded. I always just mix the white in with the brown, but I'm a Texas boy so what do I know? Didn't use any finishing sauce, except poured in just a touch of apple cider vinegar.
picture.php

Man it's good. So easy to cook, comes out so well, an inexpensive purchase: win win win.

Decided this morning to make sandwiches and Mexican street tacos with it. Give family their choice, then made their plates for them.

First up were the tacos. These little buggers were really good! Wife liked it so much she asked for a second plate.
picture.php

Nobody seemed to want a sandwich. Except me. Toasted the buns with butter and a light sprinkling of garlic powder. Piled on the pork then topped it with the requisite cole slaw.
picture.php

So this just in: pork is good! Really, it is so easy to cook, is relatively cheap, is super delicious plus can be eaten a lot of ways (including just standing there and grabbing bites). I'm in beef country, and brisket will always be #1 to me, but this was so fun to mix in today I'll have to do it more often.

Back