Pulled Pork Egg rolls

Great idea. If you can find "lumpia" wrappers at a local Asian market, they will be thinner and crisper.

Lumpia-box.jpg

Shrimp makes a good addition to these. I'll second using the lumpia wrappers. Serve with a hot chili sauce and banana ketchup.

Thanks for bringing your imagination to life....I gained a couple of pounds on those pics. Keep it up.

I haven't made these in a long time but love em!! Yours look excellent, thanks for the post!

I was called Crazy for this one... apparently a friend of mine has no stomach for what I am abut to show you... The Pulled Pork Egg Roll.

PP_EG-1.jpg

I started off with a coleslaw mix that contained cabbage, carrots and Red cabbage. I placed a bit on to an egg rolls wrapper.

PP_EG-2.jpg

I then added a several pieces of pulled pork cooked the previous weekend.

PP_EG-3.jpg

Into Hot Lard, until golden brown. These where part of the first batch, and they are a bit darker then golden brown. They do cook pretty fast so keep an eye on them.

PP_EG-4.jpg

These actually turn out far better then I hoped for. there was something about the smoky goodness of the pork in the egg roll that made these slightly addictive. I ended up making and eating a a dozen of them.

I did make a dipping sauce from Soy sauce, Sesame seed oil, BBQ sauce and a bit of cider vinegar.

crazy? maybe so... but they where crazy good though..

These look great and I just finished up 2 butts and want to give these a try!

Question, I see you put the cabbage in raw. Did the heat from frying cook them up enough in the wrapper? IS that how you would do them again?

These look great and I just finished up 2 butts and want to give these a try!

Question, I see you put the cabbage in raw. Did the heat from frying cook them up enough in the wrapper? IS that how you would do them again?

yes it went in raw, and the pork was cold. when it came out of the hot lard everything was heated trough and the cabbage was cooked, least to my taste.

I made up a couple dozen of these before running out of everything and I even froze some of the egg rolls for later

I have one word for this.........beansprouts.....oh wait is that two words?:shock:

No store around here carries bean sprouts anymore. so I would have to sprout my own. One produce manager told me they where even removed from his order list. he mentioned it was because of the E-coli outbreak not along ago.

Back