THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

firefighter4634

is one Smokin' Farker
I found a chuck roast in the freezer this weekend and thawed it out. Then was deciding on how to cook it and came across a recipe for smoking it and then pulling like pulled pork. Seasoned it up with S&P and garlic powder then on the BGE indirect at 275 pit until reaching IT of 165. Then into a foil pan with peppers, onion, fresh garlic and some dark beer. It took just short of 3 hrs at 350 deg. before it was pull about tender, but it was worth the wait. The wife even gave a thumbs up on this one.20181209_182617.jpg

Hmmm...top that with some sautéed onions and a slice of provolone on a bun and dip in the au jus...good stuff right there!

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I found a chuck roast in the freezer this weekend and thawed it out. Then was deciding on how to cook it and came across a recipe for smoking it and then pulling like pulled pork. Seasoned it up with S&P and garlic powder then on the BGE indirect at 275 pit until reaching IT of 165. Then into a foil pan with peppers, onion, fresh garlic and some dark beer. It took just short of 3 hrs at 350 deg. before it was pull about tender, but it was worth the wait. The wife even gave a thumbs up on this one.View attachment 166198

Pulled chuckies are on my favorites

Back