THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

code3rrt

Babbling Farker
A little adventure with some Puerto Rican and Cuban recipes.
Started with a Puerto Rican Roast pork which I did on the Weber kettle rotisserie.
DSC_0097_zpsymvgszaz.jpg

Made up the marinade in my blender;
DSC_0100_zpsudypzq2y.jpg

Took off the netting, poked a bunch of holes, slathered on the marinade and made sure it got down deep in the holes, then renetted.
DSC_0101_zpslrr2ihpu.jpg

DSC_0104_zpseparxwnn.jpg

Put that in a bag with the remaining marinade, that went in the fridge for the night.
DSC_0108_zpsfq9xa95i.jpg

This was the set up for the cook;
DSC_0110_zpspijyklp1.jpg

Put this on at around 130 this afternoon, let it go on the rotisserie for 6 hours at 300 degrees give or take, for an IT of around 180.
DSC_0112_zpsdkkxy9k7.jpg

DSC_0114_zpsgozz5dp7.jpg

DSC_0115_zpsefm5hrqx.jpg

While that was cooking I prepped for the Black beans and rice (Puerto Rican) and the green beans (Cuban).
DSC_0117_zpsjsef8wt0.jpg

DSC_0130_zpsmqbkfkn2.jpg

DSC_0119_zpsajhasinj.jpg

DSC_0128_zpsd3so7res.jpg

The roast shortly before coming off, about 5 1/2 hours.
DSC_0134_zpstegftyau.jpg

Finished up the sides while the roast rested.
DSC_0139_zpskurogodf.jpg

DSC_0143_zpsqpkt2ccf.jpg

DSC_0142_zpsbhwb3vn5.jpg

Some plated shots;
DSC_0145_zpsx226qzhu.jpg

DSC_0149_zpsvfuci8d9.jpg

DSC_0151_zpsjpnjcxmq.jpg

Man o man this was a treat! The pork was moist, tender and full of flavor. And the sides were all delicious, just a fantastic meal :clap:.

I also entered this in the "Latin American Flair" throwdown here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=227777

Thanks for looking all!!

KC

Yes, please, KC!

I've only done pork pernil in the oven... with a bit more liquid (and def not on the spin cycle). Would love to try what you've got going on there.

Thanks everybody for all the nice comments, it was a fun cook and everything really turned out very very tasty.

Looks great! Just did one very similar last week. Could you imagine trying to spin that without the netting though?

Thanks. In this case it probably would have worked fine without the netting. When I took the netting off to rub it down I expected it to come apart where the bone had been cut out, but it was one solid hunk of meat. All worked out great either way :-D.

KC

Back