Proof of existance, UDS build

Debmar

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
shoe
Trying my hand at posting pics. Just finished up my smoker and thought i'd show it around a bit. Only rule I had in the build was that it had to be completely made up of stuff we had laying around and not being used for anything.

44443804720_ef2550cfc1_c.jpg

It's not quite a UDS as it did not start out as a drum but its close. What it was initially, old leaky water pressure tank laying out behind the shop
32389198318_f0287a6c54_c.jpg

Still more to be done but wanted to start using it prior to finishing in case modification forced design changes.
Was going to post more pics of the build itself. Should I post them here or would it be better to post more detail in the "mother of all UDS threads" which I am still working through. I am about 1/2 way on that.

thought I would ask here first and then keep going to give more pics and details on the build

Welcome. A project like that would have enough general interest that I feel it could be posted in Qtalk. There have only been a few cookers made from pressure tanks, to my knowledge.

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome aboard, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here. Nice build using that bladder tank

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Back