**PRON ALERT**Gettin' my new Weber Cast Iron Grate dirty...among other things

Smoke & Beers

is Blowin Smoke!
So my new Weber Cast Iron Grate came in this week (perfect timing for Fathers Day :mrgreen:) and I just had to get 'er dirty...
Here we are getting started on my CL Performer score with a couple of baked potatos...
IMG_0770.jpg

Now a couple of Choice Ribeyes...
IMG_0790.jpg

(Sorry about the picture...100% humidity today...and No, it wasn't from me breathing hard)
Getting closer...
IMG_0796.jpg

The Finished Product...
IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

Now...for the added bonus...
Here's the 5th drum that I've built so far...seasoning it today to be delivered tomorrow for a friend's father tomorrow...

IMG_0771.jpg

Ok, now that I've seen one of those fancy cast-iron grates in action I might have to try it out. How was the clean up afterwards?

Ok, now that I've seen one of those fancy cast-iron grates in action I might have to try it out. How was the clean up afterwards?

Sweet! A wire brush and a little bit of oil and it was good to rest. Much nicer than the nickle plated Weber grate...
BTW...11:15 and the drum is still humming away at 225* ...9 hours now and still holdin'

Start construction on your 6th drum. i'll be over to pick it up at noon :biggrin::biggrin:. You can throw in one of those tasty steak dinners, and I'll take that bag of lump in the garage off your hands.

I'll trade you my 6 month old daughter. :biggrin::biggrin:

Did they come pre-seasoned? The marks look fantastic. I wonder if it soaks up a little more heat so the kettles tops temps are backed off a bit ..which isn't a bad thing. Most would be looking for the heat in the grates for sealing the meat.

Did they come pre-seasoned? The marks look fantastic. I wonder if it soaks up a little more heat so the kettles tops temps are backed off a bit ..which isn't a bad thing. Most would be looking for the heat in the grates for sealing the meat.

Yes, it came preseasoned, but I went ahead and oiled it up and got it good and hot for about an hour before I threw the grub on.
It didn't affect the kettles temps any...at least that I could tell.

Looks like the last day for 10.00 off. I just placed my order. I'll take photos and a review when I get them. Thanks everyone!

Back