THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

grillmastertez

Found some matches.
i have been in a local bbq cookoff the last 3 years. My problem is that the people that sponsor it arent really professional. they keep giving you foam plates to turn your rib, chicken and pulled pork in on. how the heck can you make a presentable turn-in putting your garnish and food on a plate wrapped in foil??? i've suggested to them to use boxes but they still havent done it.

Like this. Very loosely wrap the foil. It took a LOT of patience to work with that parsley.

Attachments

• 1454936_10202611051259190_4935213649324065266_n.jpg
    1454936_10202611051259190_4935213649324065266_n.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 351
That's a great looking arrangement... I've never seen entries on plates before. I suspect that chicken and pork would present well with all that room as well, and I can visualize slices of brisket with burnt ends in an arc around the edge.

That plate was turned in at an unsanctioned rib cook off sponsored by a bank. We had to cover the ribs with another plate. Figured I'd try to make the best of it. Good thing it wasn't windy that day.

Holy mutha!!!!! Thats beautiful!!!! Only one problem. There are 5 judges and i have to put 1 damn rib on 5 different plates!!! Thats freakin stupid!!!!! Just use one box for all 5 ribs!! I even offered to supply the boxes. So unorganized if you ask me.

I don't know if I would call it unorganized, but I sure would call it "not thought through very well." There is a contest around here where competitors submit one rib in a small styrofoam turn in box. Hollywood cut works well there as long as tenderness is good. Are they giving you a small plate, like for desserts or sides, or a big dinner sized plate?

they give you 5 dinner sized foam plates. I rib per plate. waste of time and money if you ask me. just let me put 5 ribs in one box and just pass the box down.

Wow. That is tough. No matter how you cook and cut them, its hard to make a single rib look good on a bare white plate. What are the garnish rules? Are you turning in three blank white plates of one rib, one piece of chicken and a pile of pulled pork? I have a few ideas for you if you want to PM me - or I can share them here for the sake of feedback. I don't mind.

Last edited:
Back