THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The real question is this: what did the missus think? Will you be doing one on the UDS for Christmas ? From here it looked awesome!

What grade of meat was it? Looks pretty selectish....that was probably the problem. I find the select beef and even some cab around here ain't barely fit for the dog.

Our beef is graded as A, doubleA, or tripleA. I'm assuming this was just A as it's on sale for $5.88/lb. A I think is probably the same as your select.

Anyhow, making some beef barley soup with it today:eusa_clap. Waste not, want not! The dog's not going to be happy with me.

You cooked it beautifully. I've cooked plenty of meat in Canada. Usually, I don't even bother with beef as it is overpriced and tough, although I have noticed some improvement the last few years. For $5.88/lb, I would expect this would be at or below our select grade. There's nothing wrong with how you handled it. You just got yourself a tough cut of meat.

Back