Prime Rib Trial Run (pron)

The real question is this: what did the missus think? Will you be doing one on the UDS for Christmas ? From here it looked awesome!

What grade of meat was it? Looks pretty selectish....that was probably the problem. I find the select beef and even some cab around here ain't barely fit for the dog.

Our beef is graded as A, doubleA, or tripleA. I'm assuming this was just A as it's on sale for $5.88/lb. A I think is probably the same as your select.

Anyhow, making some beef barley soup with it today:eusa_clap. Waste not, want not! The dog's not going to be happy with me.

You cooked it beautifully. I've cooked plenty of meat in Canada. Usually, I don't even bother with beef as it is overpriced and tough, although I have noticed some improvement the last few years. For $5.88/lb, I would expect this would be at or below our select grade. There's nothing wrong with how you handled it. You just got yourself a tough cut of meat.

Had a piece this morning and my jaw got sore from chewing it, lol. So it's been recycled and repurposed! Beef barley spinach soup :loco:

Back