Prime Rib... It's what was for dinner :)

Looks great Ron. I might consider the fec now for mine.

WHOOOHOOOOO!! Now thats a piece of meat!! Nice Ron... Whats for Christmas dinner now?

Nothing!! :shock: We're having Christmas brunch at my sister's house, so we'll probably just have leftovers for dinner.

Looks great Ron. I might consider the fec now for mine.

You really should, Rod. It came out fantastic. This isn't my normal FEC method. Normally I will cook it low (usually 240) until it hits 120 internal and then drop the FEC to 140 and hold the roast at 140 for at least 4 hours. Stuart, the president of Cookshack, came up with this method for their electric cookers and also uses it for the FEC. He tries to get at least 4 hours of hold time but prefers 6 hours or more. You have to open the FEC door when the roast is at 120 to dump the heat, and then let it sit at 140. This gives the juices time to circulate and carries flavor throughout the roast.

If you want more of a crust, then you can stick it into a 500+ degree oven for a few minutes.

Simply amazing. :clap2: Thanks for the tips as I will be doing prime rib on Bubba Ho-Keg for the first time tomorrow and really didn't want to screw up such a wonderful looking piece of meat.

I vote Ron the winner of this impromptu meat throwdown. No one else needs to enter. IT'S OVER !!! Very very nice brother!

If y'all didn't finish it on the spot you got some great roast beef sammiches in your future.

:hungry:

:rockon:

Farkin' awesome piece of meat Ronelle!
I sure hope mine looks 1/2 that good tomorrow!!!

:clap2::thumb:

:hungry:

:rockon:

Farkin' awesome piece of meat Ronelle!
I sure hope mine looks 1/2 that good tomorrow!!!

:clap2::thumb:

Rock on, Bro! :-D

You've been making me drool with that picture of your prime rib that you've been posting. I'm sure you'll do just fine :)

Looks like it needs a tourniquet bledding like it is but if that is how you role more power to ya. Nice looking piece of meat but I could use a little more done-ness...

Nice job RonL. Hope my tenderloing today turns out as well as your PR did.

Back