Prime Briskie on Coshell briqs--Come on in

Looks great!!! I do have one question as I don't use and UDS... why do you hang the meat flat down rather than the point flat down?

Looks great!!! I do have one question as I don't use and UDS... why do you hang the meat flat down rather than the point flat down?

Thanks!

This is not really a UDS but a PBC (plenty of threads on this but let's not get into that aspect of it:grin:). Slightly different as you hang the meat for mostly vertical cooking and don't use a deflector or a water pan.

To answer your question, the point end of the brisket is heavier so I tend to secure the heavy end of the meat as insurance. Also, it doesn't really make a difference how you "hang" the meat since heat rises and sort of bastes the meat on it's way up. End result is even cooking all around.

Great post brother! Thanks for the Coshell reportage and that meal looks farking tasty! Very nicely done all around.

20140119_183916_Richtone%2528HDR%2529.jpg

I'd have to be careful not to bite off one of my fingers chomping down on that!!! :hungry:

Looks juicy and tasty! Does anyone know if coc bricks make less smoke flavor/smoke ring?

Not much difference in the smoke ring but less smoke flavor. You can add chunks to kick up the smoke flavor but I found it good enough. The total cooktime was 5 hours with 2 hrs of it wrapped in butcher paper to give you an idea on the smoke ring. I get a thicker smoke ring in the kamado sicne it cooks longer in the kamado at lower temps.

I hope those briqs are pretty much the same as I use.
Nice cooking!
Thanks Phu,

I'm really impressed with these. The country of origin says Phillipines. I just put some chicken in the PBC again with a chimey full of the stuff and cooked for about 1 and 1/2 and plenty of it left compared to Stubbs. Still playing around with it.

Back