THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GlobalTJB

Knows what a fatty is.
Im fairly new to this and have never purchased brisket, tri tip, any sort of pork/beef ribs or chuck roast. The prices in the store seem a bit high at around $5/lb for tri tip or brisket so I was wondering, what is a good average price for brisket, tri tip, ribs or chuck roast per pound? Restaurant depot has brisket for under $3 a pound but i feel like it should be lower. Im clueless on a lot of BBQ related things so any frame of reference is appreciated.

Well it can certainly vary by location, but I get a lot of choice briskets from Sams Club and they are normally around $2.40ish/lb. That is as cheap as it gets around me for brisket. Chuck roasts are also the cheapest at Sams that I can find and around $3.50/lb. Spare ribs I get from Costco for $2.20-2.40

Back