Price for prime packer briskets

Tricky

is one Smokin' Farker
I’m doing Easter dinner this year for our family and a couple of in-law siblings’ families. The choice this year is brisket.

I called my Southern California Costco and they have prime packers for $3.69 / lb. I don’t cook brisket often enough to know how this compares to recent prices.

Where does that fall on the scale of what you have recently paid and would pay for a full prime packer? I’m willing to pay for prime for special family occasions - that’s how I’ve had my best brisket results.

Thanks in advance for your relevant input.

3.29/lb at Costco here, fluctuates 50 cent a pound either way throughtout the year. Dunno if youre near a Costco Business Center but it sounds like thats where the Cali brethren get the sweetest deals.

Prices at my Costco range from $2.99 up to about $3.69. Even at $3.69 it’s much cheaper than what I could get a choice brisket for at most other places.

$2.99-$3.48 around me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I was at Costco today to grab a couple to try for a family function since HEB's were like $8/lb or something and small. Costco was $3.30/lb and people were fighting over them. There was a pile of about 10 of them, and I walk around a bit and came back and they were all gone. Butch brings out two cases and guys appear out of nowhere and start grabbing them. Strangest thing I ever saw.

3.29/lb at Costco here, fluctuates 50 cent a pound either way throughtout the year. Dunno if youre near a Costco Business Center but it sounds like thats where the Cali brethren get the sweetest deals.

+1

I'm up in NorCal and Prime's been pretty steady at $3.29 at Costco. In the summer it goes up a little and in the fall/winter it drops down to about $2.99.

Wish I could have seen guys coming out of nowhere grabbing briskets at Costco, Rockinar - your description sounds hilarious!

I was at Costco today to grab a couple to try for a family function since HEB's were like $8/lb or something and small. Costco was $3.30/lb and people were fighting over them. There was a pile of about 10 of them, and I walk around a bit and came back and they were all gone. Butch brings out two cases and guys appear out of nowhere and start grabbing them. Strangest thing I ever saw.

While I didnt witness a scuffle for briskets, last 4th of July Costco had zero briskets to be found a few days prior and I was told they werent getting more until after...luckily I ran over to Sams and they had some but I imagined something went down at Costco like you described.

Moral of the story....buy your brisket early.

The most expensive brisket I ever saw at HEB was $7 for american Kobe. They were all 17-20 pounds. I have been looking for a 10 pounder ever since with no luck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Prices at my Costco range from $2.99 up to about $3.69. Even at $3.69 it’s much cheaper than what I could get a choice brisket for at most other places.

:clap2::thumb::thumb:
Same here in North Jersey Costco Business Center. Hoping for Wagyu soon:clap2:

DanB

PS The meat manager said Briskets prices are going up.

Brisket per pound..

I’m doing Easter dinner this year for our family and a couple of in-law siblings’ families. The choice this year is brisket.

I called my Southern California Costco and they have prime packers for $3.69 / lb. I don’t cook brisket often enough to know how this compares to recent prices.

Where does that fall on the scale of what you have recently paid and would pay for a full prime packer? I’m willing to pay for prime for special family occasions - that’s how I’ve had my best brisket results.

Thanks in advance for your relevant input.

I live in northern Ca above Yuba City, Sams Club has it for $3.28 Lb for Prime (Whole) if you choose just the flat it's 20-30 cents more a pond.

Just got $3.69/lb I believe at Costco yesterday and last time they were $3.29. Assume around $50-$60.

Back