Pre Christmas Clod (pics)

Sturev, I will be at the Visalia Costco tomorrow afternoon. I can give you a heads up if they still have some.

That would be mighty kind of you sir! I wish they'd carry prime brisket & pork belly like they do tri-tip!

That bark looks awesome! Great job Josh. Hope you're getting some much deserved rest!

Looks great - color is perfect - did it go unwrapped the entire cook or did you wrap around 165 or so ?

Looking forward to the sliced shots. Nice work.

Come on.....screw the rest. I want to see the inside NOW.....:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Here's the inside:

Pulled, sliced and chopped.

IMG_4623.jpg

IMG_4625.jpg

Cook Stats:
22.6# Choice Beef clod
Seasoned with, SPOG. heavy on the S&P
Cook temp 255*-285*
Cooked on 48" offset
Fuel, Hickory and Mesquite splits
Cook time, 13.25 hrs
Unwrapped
Outside temps, 44*-27*

Well done!

I haven't done a clod yet. How was the thickest part? Was there enough fat in there to keep that part juicy or was it dry in any way?

That's a great looking cook! Never cooked one before but if I ever do I know what to do. Thanks for sharing.

Is there a real difference between a clod and a chuck? I have a 23# chuck roast and I'm thinking it's basically the same thing...?

Is there a real difference between a clod and a chuck? I have a 23# chuck roast and I'm thinking it's basically the same thing...?

Wanting to know also. Looks great, by the way...:thumb:

The Clod comes from the shoulder above the brisket. So yes, from the chuck. The full clod has multiple muscles so you get options of the kind of finished product you want. On this cook I took it to a high IT like a brisket and got a lot of pulled, quite a bit good for chopped, a bunch of slices and one steak.

Hope that helps.

Back