Practice run

Sledneck said:
Im not going to grill kings to place in the comp, i am going to see if i can out drink you :biggrin: :biggrin:

The children - Think of the Children!

Sledneck said:
Im not going to grill kings to place in the comp, i am going to see if i can out drink you :biggrin: :biggrin:
Good luck trying
i'll have the doctors standing by

MilitantSquatter said:
Sled,

Sorry you were not so pleased with the results.. go with the gut and use the flavors you like best. If it's you're own rub even better.

I sent you a PM with a wood source I located in Nassau County but have not used yet as I still have a lot of wood from Prianti Farms in Dix Hills where Phil recommended some of us LIFO's go...

You may get a little extra help by picking up a few firebricks to put in the bottom of the cooking chamber to help retain some heat. I bought some at Jetmore in Wantagh for $20. 4 bricks per box. About 4" x 2" x 9". I then saw them for $17 as the Ace True Value in Bellmore. Same brand.
Vinny, can you share that source for wood you have in Nassau? I need a place to get some wood.

djmarko said:
Vinny, can you share that source for wood you have in Nassau? I need a place to get some wood.

If only this was woodpile!

Hey now !!!Yeah BQ... it could have gotten ugly real quick !!!

Rich,

I was at Friendly Farms Market (formerly Fruggies Farm) on Merrick Ave. in East Meadow, just north of the SS Parkway.

Noticed a very large pile of cut wood logs on the land that was never there before.. New owners as part of the agreement of the sale are allowing the former owner to store and sell wood on the property as he has a tree trimming business. $100 for a half cord, $175 for a full cord or they can charge by whatever you want.

The woman owner did not know too much about the wood varieties as she just acts as the seller. I also noticed a second pile in a different location. I am assuming one was seasoned. She gave me the business card of the guy who has the tree trimming business if I had specific questions. I have not called yet to see if he has specific woods or would be available to come by one day before I buy.

I still have a pile of wood from Prianti Farms in Dix Hills that Phil told us about so I've been putting it off. Prianti was very good too but this place is literally a mile from my house which is convenient and may be less for a delivery if I wanted a cord delivered. Not sure what Prianti charges for the same amount.

Good Luck... If you stop in or call them before I do, let me know how it goes

Back