THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
I like posole and chicken tortilla soup. At times I'm baffled on which one to make and one day I said fark it and why don't I sort of mix it. That's what I've been doing since.

Pulled chicken that was simmered in water, broth, thinly sliced garlic and oregano

20131111_191930.jpg

New Mexico chili (any other dry chili) pods that were gutted and placed in hot water to soak. Afterward blended with some of it's liquid, garlic, 1/4 onion and salt.

20131111_191951.jpg

Skimmed the broth that the chicken was simmered in and added, the blended chili, pulled chicken, corn, hominy and added more salt to taste.

While simmering half hour I prepped the sides/toppings. Also minced chipotle peppers and added sour cream as a topping.

20131111_195146.jpg

Ready to eat :becky:

20131111_200855.jpg

Some randoms pron shots

20130205_211726.jpg

20131111_202132.jpg

20131111_201058.jpg

20131111_201433.jpg

Have a correction

New Mexico Hatch chili (No other will do) pods that were gutted and placed in hot water to soak. Afterward blended with some of it's liquid, garlic, 1/4 onion and salt.

Maybe I'm a bit biased though :)....

With the weather getting cold here in ABQ may have to try some of this

Pron that is! Love the garnishes, maybe some sliced radishes. I see you poached the chix, it would be good with smoked pulled chix as well.

I always make turkey posole with leftover turkey at this time of year. I also usually add some summer squash and whatever other veg looks good to my posole, though I know that stretches the definition of "Posole"

Pron that is! Love the garnishes, maybe some sliced radishes. I see you poached the chix, it would be good with smoked pulled chix as well.

I always make turkey posole with leftover turkey at this time of year. I also usually add some summer squash and whatever other veg looks good to my posole, though I know that stretches the definition of "Posole"

That's what I'm talking about.:thumb: Do whatever works for you. No right or wrong.

I wanted to whip this up quick so I worked with whatever I had on hand. Got lazy on cleaning and slicing the radishes but I hear you. :eek:hwell:

Back