THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AKMIMNAK

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Jonathan
Costco has these little 2 or 3 lb "boneless pork sirloin roasts" that I've never seen before. Yes, it said sirloin, not loin. :) They are significantly cheaper than pork butt in my area (1.29 vs 1.99 lb). Anyone have any experience cooking these?

Is this a 145 cut of pork or a 205 cut of pork? Hot and fast? Low and slow?

Intrigued, but won't buy until I hear from someone who's had some success with them. Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited:
If this is accurate, I'd steer clear.

"Sirloin Roast: This sinuous cut with a good amount of connective tissue is difficult to cook evenly and to carve.

Flavor: (no stars)
Cost: $ $ $
Alternate Name: None
Best Cooking Method: None"

It's a leaner cut of pork. I don't buy it often, but when I do, I generally braise or boil it. If you are going to smoke it, I would go to slicing temp with it. If you buy the bone in, it will have the hip bone in it, so it is hard to get good slices. If you haven't had it, I would give it a shot, you can't really lose, at it's price. I just picked up some boneless sirloin chops yesterday, to make Tasso with.

I didn't use them this time since I'm cooking for someone else's anniversary party. But I will certainly give these a try at home soon at that price! Thanks for the tips!

Marinade for a at least a few hours. Soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, some citrus and other favs for a marinade. Then grill or smoke for a bit till internal temp is where it should be and they turn out great. Or cut them up and put the pieces in a chilli that you let simmer for two days.

The main problem is they sell them in packs of four for really cheap and I end up forgetting about the ones I put in the freezer.

Back