THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sliding_billy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
)
I realized I was maxed out on vacation yesterday, so I worked (just a little) from home today. The only dilemma was that snow was coming in this morning and it was in the 20s overnight (I know I have become a wuss since moving to Texas). I started an 11 lb pork picnic (skin removed) at around 8:00 last night at 225 and took naps between loading pellets and making sure that they were dropping into the auger alright overnight. Finished up around 10:00 this morning right before the snow started. I had just enough time for the pooper to cool off and get the cover on. Pulled after about 30 minutes tented on the counter. Poured a little bit of the drippings into the pork after pulling. I think I am 4 out of 5 weeks making pork, but the prices have been so low that I couldn't pass it up (the picnic was $0.89/lb). I am almost burnt out on pork. This is the first time in a while that I don't have any pork thawed in the fridge. I just need to finish the picnic leftovers this weekend.

Back