THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B

Brimhack

UT-Baylor was this weekend, and what better way to celebrate the tossing of pig skin than with the smoking of pig meat?

Well, the food took a bit longer than I expected to smoke, and by the time everything was out of the smoke, it was just about time to leave. I figured I could plate things up and take a few pictures at the tailgate... Boy was I wrong.

Showed up, dropped off the food, and then hopped back in the car to find parking and head back to the tailgate. The parking/walking took about 15 minutes, tops. Turns out, while I was gone, one of the nearby tailgates ran out of food. So they headed over to our tailgate to sample what we had to offer. And by "sample", I mean, within that 15 minutes, all the food I brought was gone.

I was honored by how quickly the food went. Slightly sad that I didn't get to take pictures. Fortunately, I did get to take a picture of the pork nachos that I made:

I started off with a Boston butt and three fatties. Once everything was deliciously tender, I pulled the pork, crumbled up the fatties, mixed it together with four fat spoonfuls of this blazing hot sauce (courtesy of Meathead over at AmazingRibs : http://www.amazingribs.com/recipes/other_fun_sauces/hot_sauce.html) , mixed it with four cups of shredded cheese and served it over these thick pita bread chips. Fortunately, I snapped a picture of one of the trays after I assembled the nachos, so I humbly submit the following for your approval:

33osdup.jpg

Where do you tailgate? I'm over at 18th and San Jacento. I cooked 3 briskets, 4 butts, 20 lbs of chicken and it was all gone.

Back