THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mjpmap

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Mike
I had a small loin roast in the freezer and wanted to use up a couple of items from a previous cook. I used Uncle Henry's summer peach rub on the loin. Had a couple of large sweet potatoes that I had roasted on the Akorn and a few slices of pineapple that I had grilled with brown sugar and cinnamon. Removed the potato skins, minced the pineapple, and mashed them together.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 62
I put the loin on with cherry and apple on RO lump in the Akorn, took it to an IT of 160. Let it rest, and then sliced for the tacos. In the meantime, the flour tortillas went on the Akorn for a couple minutes to warm.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 57
The final assembly! Put the warm sweet potatoes and pineapple on the tortilla instead of refried black beans. Topped it with the loin, then a salsa verde I made with a tomatillo and Serrano base. Then a mild shredded cheese mix. Now a biased observation. The richness of the smoke with the sweetness of the potatoes was a perfect balance with the tart flavor of the salsa verde. What I thought would be a one and done is something I will definitely do again. Thanks for looking, Mike

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 58
Man-o-man, I wish I was you. At least I wish I was your taste buds. That looks wonderful! I have absolutely NO creativity.

Is there a step by step recipe available? (please please please) :)

Back