Pork loin and a chuck

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
I marinated an eight pound pork loin in ginger rice wine vinegar, mustard powder, Indian red chili powder (Very hot) tamari and a little salt for almost two days. I cut in half, and one will be plain, the other slathered with mustard and a rub of paprika, chili powder, brown sugar, garlic and onion powders and a wee bit of salt and black pepper. I also did a small chuck with just salt, pepper and garlic powder. (No prep pick on the chuck). Third pic taken when adding more chips (Jack Daniel oak). More to follow. I have no Idea why I'm cooking so much meat when it's just me! Guess I'll have to share!

Attachments

• one.jpg
    one.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 203
  • two.jpg
    two.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 202
  • three.jpg
    three.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 201
Don't know for sure but I thought I read somewhere that you wanted a new camera.
If so...this one works great for me!
...still love that golden glow in your pics so I know it's you!:cool:

Here's the loins. They smell awsome! Gonna let them rest and then slice. The chuck's at 165 and I'll pull it at 190. Got a sweet tater in the smoker too.
Michael, Phubar, Shane and Marc, thanks for the kind words so far. Let's see how they taste!

Attachments

• four.jpg
    four.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 187
Final slices and plating...

Here we go.

Attachments

• five.jpg
    five.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 310
  • six.jpg
    six.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 687
  • seven.jpg
    seven.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 175
Taste on both pork loins was excellent. Think I liked the mustard/rubbed best. The chuck is for the pot-pie throwdown so future pron is eminent!

Guerry it all looks fantastic!! I know what you mean about smoking so much meat for one...but the leftovers are nice to have on hand. :wink:
Nice job!!

Phubar, thanks Bro!

Jeanie, your compliment humbles me!:-D

Shane, all I can say is sliced pork sammiches! The sweet tater was delish, with a slight smokey flavor. Add butter and a little Garam Masala, yum.

Thanks for looking!

Guerry, good looking pron. I know it had to taste awesome plated with the sides!!

Pork sammies for lunch at work always work great.

Back