Pork chops & twice baked potato's on the Silverbac!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Well I seen something on the youtubes today about twice baked potato's... decided I just had to have them! The next question was... what to have with it?

Well I have two freezers full of pork/beef products from the local farm I buy all my fresh meats from decided today I wanted pork chops grilled on the silverbac!

Already knew if I was looking for deep sear on the chops it wasn't going to happen as I had to bake the potato's a 2nd time at a lower temp.. that was ok. Once I made the potato's up I threw them on the silverbac at 375 for 10 minutes. Cranked the heat to 425 to finish the potato's and threw on the chops.

Don't need sear marks.. These pork chops were the best I've had for a long time.. Good grilled and smokey flavor.. delicious!

sQm09itl.jpg

fPcB36Jl.jpg

SivDpTFl.jpg

Looks like those are done to perfection! Potatoes look superb and those chops look magnificent, perfect color.

Thanks! I have a few new idea's for the next few cooks or posts.. I try to post something new or different every so often. I really liked the twice baked potato's.. I forgot to put sour cream in the mashed potato mixture.. but a dollop of daisy on top worked just fine :thumb:

Those darn pellet poopers....:idea:

I'd definitely hit that!

I was totally against pellet poopers.. I liked playing with fire.. Now I have got rid of all my smokers but the WSM and Masterbuilt.... Masterbuilt will be leaving soon once my buddy is ready to take it from me.

I like the smoke profile coming from the silverbac. I don't see any reason for me to cook on any of the other cookers I've had. If i want sear marks and GRILLED food I have a gasser.. But Truthfully After eating these pork chops.. I don't care for grill marks. I want the touch of smoke over the grill marks. Which if i cranked the silverbac to 500 degree's I bet i could produce a good grillmark

Back