THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kevinstaggs

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Kevin
Kept supper simple tonight - headed to the garden and cut some okra, added some fries and boneless pork chops (darn it; I like the bone). Paired it with a Miller Lite. Not fancy, but it makes a couple of Okies happy.

picture.php

Looks good, wood eat everything but the okra. Miller lite is my go to filler beer to cut the cals.

That's OK, we'll help you out with any left over okra. Head on over... plenty of cold Lites...

Mighty fine Kevin.

Thanks. Wish we could have shared a plate together. Bet you whipped up a nice meal for the fam too...

That's OK, we'll help you out with any left over okra. Head on over... plenty of cold Lites...

Thanks. Wish we could have shared a plate together. Bet you whipped up a nice meal for the fam too...

Don't get me wrong, i love fried veggies, i just can't get past the slimy texture of okra. I been told not all okra is slimy, but all the okra i tried was.

Don't get me wrong, i love fried veggies, i just can't get past the slimy texture of okra. I been told not all okra is slimy, but all the okra i tried was.

The fried is not slimy... it's... well, fried crispy. But hey, don't listen to me. I eat it fried, pickled (probably not recommended for you)... If it fell in mud, I'd wipe it off and eat it.

The fried is not slimy... it's... well, fried crispy. But hey, don't listen to me. I eat it fried, pickled (probably not recommended for you)... If it fell in mud, I'd wipe it off and eat it.

5 second rule.

I honestly like the flavor, its the texture that gets me. Guess i need to grow it in my garden to really rule it in or out. Its not a common produce in my area. Mosty frozen, which ive hears is a big part on the slimy texture.

Back