Pork Butt Prices

bbqbull

Watching over us.
I was at a Meijer Thrifty Acres store this afternoon.

Pork butts were priced at $3.79 per pound. If you plan on purchasing some butts you may want to jump on them now. :crazy:

Local prices here were 2.79/lb. for the last several days.

$25 for a 9lb. pork butt, I'll pass.

Waiting on prices!

I got outraged last night at Sam's.. $2.48/lb for pork but and $2.06/lb for the case pricing.. I made a thread about it yesterday even.

I thought it was Sam's but someone made it clear it was the entire pork market--skyrocketing.

I guess I should go buy a case of pork butts from them before it goes up any higher..

Time for some cost of living adjustments... if you ask me.

I got outraged last night at Sam's.. $2.48/lb for pork but and $2.06/lb for the case pricing.. I made a thread about it yesterday even.

I thought it was Sam's but someone made it clear it was the entire pork market--skyrocketing.

I guess I should go buy a case of pork butts from them before it goes up any higher..

Time for some cost of living adjustments... if you ask me.

Not just pork I read something yesterday that all meats are going up in price

Last I looked was 1.58# here, I better look again I guess. Thanks for the heads up. I had heard beef was going up but not pork. 3.79# is nutz.

I heard one big reason for the meat prices going up is all the exporting we're doing. Pretty soon we'll be a third world country where we cannot afford to eat what we farm, and will barbecuing dogs and cats.. (looking at my dog "Pepper" now.. hrm.. what rub would be tasty.)

You can also thank the "tree huggers" for all the corn used for the alcohol (10 %) that is in all our gasoline now. What is left goes for feed at a greatly increased price to the meat producers. Alcohol is supposed to be drunk, not power our vehicles, and ruin them in the process. :yield:

Blessings, :pray:
Omar

If you are in Houston like I am, you can still get picnics for $1.29 per lb at Food Town. They ran them at .99 per lb for quite a while, but went up a couple of weeks ago.

Picnics work for me as well as, if not better, than butts.

Harris Teeter has then on sale this week $1.29 lb.

Back