Pork Butt help

6th place! Awesome! Sorry I didn't run in to you while we were there.

When you say "before it would pop" what do you mean by that?

You need to know that I cooked my first Butt at the Libertyville contest in 2007. Pop is what I call when you can push your finger into the meat and it goes in easy. Some people pull on the bone but I just use my finger. This saves the time from unwrapping the whole Butt and possible spilling the liquid. Pop may be the wrong word but that is what I call it.

You need to know that I cooked my first Butt at the Libertyville contest in 2007. Pop is what I call when you can push your finger into the meat and it goes in easy. Some people pull on the bone but I just use my finger. This saves the time from unwrapping the whole Butt and possible spilling the liquid. Pop may be the wrong word but that is what I call it.

O.K., read that post again and tell me it's NOT one of the filthiest things you have ever read! :)
I'm going to go and puke now...

O.K., read that post again and tell me it's NOT one of the filthiest things you have ever read! :)
I'm going to go and puke now...

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! I have never laughed at a post so hard as this one. You sir, win one million internets!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wanted to thank everyone for you help on my Pork. I went from DAL at Arthur, Il to 6th place at Libertyville, IL this past weekend.
I used a combonation of ideas from all of you brothers.
Thanks for all the help. Finished 17the overall. I guess I focued a little to much on Pork but thats ok since this was my first top 10 call in pork.
I think I can make it through winter now.

Thanks again.
Chris M
Bartlett Boneheads

6th place! Awesome! Sorry I didn't run in to you while we were there.

When you say "before it would pop" what do you mean by that?
6th is great! I wish I had listened to some of my own advice... Would have brought me up from the celler (went from 2nd @ Princeton to Lord only knows at Libertyville)...

Sorry we missed seeing you too!

Back