THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BRBBQ

Babbling Farker
I decided to cook this 8.58lb butt which cost $1.44 per/lb. I rubbed it down the night before and at 7:30 am the next day I started the smoker. Since I dont own a Guru, Stoker, or IQ110 yet, I use the redneck fan (wifes hair dryer) :becky: When the 175/F is reached I open the ball valve and let it take over. I took the cooker up to 235/F as in the PIC, but back down to 230/F after meat was added. For the fuel I used Western Brand RO Lump and peach wood for smoke. The butt was never foiled, spritzed, or watered down in any way, it cooked all natural at a constant temp of 230/F, I did flip and rotated the meat a few times, but never foiled during the cook. Once the butt reached 195/F, I removed it from the cooker and double wrapped with foil and a towel, it sat around resting for more than 1hr. The $2.50 pair of PVC gloves I bought from HomeDepot worked good in pulling the meat apart, and it just fell apart:thumb: No need for a knife. The butt was juicy and tender, I never had a cooker break down the meat like my Stumps cooker, Super:thumb:
zsdtregfd11111002.jpg

00111.jpg

0028.jpg

0037.jpg

0042.jpg

0062.jpg

That's some nice meat. Pile some on a sammie with some slaw. Yum!.
I agree that the Stumps does do a great job in getting meat tender.

Back