THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fire and Ice

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Big Daddy
Mom used to make them and stretch a pound of ground meat. Just seasoned ground beef and raw rice. I smoked them first then dropped them in brown gravy till rice was cooked and served with white beans, roasted Brussels sprouts and garlic bread.

unnamed (42).jpg

I often ate these as a kid myself, its been a long time. Your spread looks great!

I like to roast the balls on the Weber and finish in a tomato sauce made with my fire roasted tomatoes.

I love the brown gravy direction.
Maybe some mushrooms in the gravy.

a buddy of mine use to bring these to work and the were so good , do you mind sharing the recipe ?

For every pound of ground beef, I used 3/4 cup of long grain rice. You could use your favorite meatball recipe and add the rice.

cook in the oven or grill to set the meatballs about 160.

Then I dropped them in a brown gravy which had onions and peppers i had sauteed first. Any store bought gravy or homemade would work fine.

I baked them in the oven at 325 for about an hour.

enjoy :thumb:

I like to roast the balls on the Weber and finish in a tomato sauce made with my fire roasted tomatoes.

I love the brown gravy direction.
Maybe some mushrooms in the gravy.

I love mushrooms but the girl friend doesn't so leave them out.

If I make plan balls she likes them in brown gravy, when I make cabbage rolls she likes them in the tomato gravy.

don't ask me why?:shock:

Have a great Friday everyone!

Back