Roll Call. Inside 30 days. PoorQue - Montello, WI

With my luck Coz..... she'll read this one. Oh well... it's just one of those things I have to bring up every now and then in very subtle ways...

I'll be there as Creosote Calamity. Splitting off from OtisT just because the fees were so cheap and a little extra competition never hurt anyone. First time as a head cook and really looking forward to it.... just hoping I don't place 26th.

If the campground is shaded nice, sheltered from the wind and a little damp from recent rains it ma be a good idea to pack bug spray--kinda thick in my yard this morning!

Will be there to be Anita's Gopher!! The fun of organizer training. See you all in two days! and good Q'ing to everyone

Dace

If the campground is shaded nice, sheltered from the wind and a little damp from recent rains it ma be a good idea to pack bug spray--kinda thick in my yard this morning!
Found three bottles of it in the cabinet at Westmont... Thought, "Do we really need 3 of them?"... Glad I left them where I found them!!!:thumb:

I have a load of 25 lb Green mountain hickory pellets coming today, I have 30 bags i can bring if anyone needs some. will charge what i pay $12.00 a bag, since i will be driving there anyways. send a message if interested

Dace

2010 PoorQue Results

Here are the scanned results (assuming it is OK to post them here). I'm glad we had a chance to be a part of it and congratulations to all the ribbon takers. I hope we get to do it again next year!

Attachments

• 2010 PoorQue All Teams results.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 10
Congrats to all that walked and job well done by Animal and Dive. How exciting to see the first timers get calls!! It was also exciting watching the experienced guys helping out the newbies. It was a totally different enviroment than any other competition and FUN was had by all. People had their kids and grandkids there, that could swim, fish and play mini golf. Each site had it's own electric and water. We had time to visit and share and just enjoy being in BBQ. Saturday, the people that had places at the campground came around and asked questions and everyone was friendly and sharing. Hope we see more folks out there next year....God Bless You Anita

P.S. The building that had awards, had a sign that said "No Animals allowed in building" so Animal missed some awards but ran in real quick for the GC.
CIMG0155.jpg

Congratulations!

Coz - Jerry was just showing me pics of your pit. Very nice!

Rich, thanks.Jerry is always a pleasure to visit with.I wish we had finished a tad better to make the trip a little better for him and Barb but QU and Dive were in the take no prisoner mode :redface: I think this was one of the more enjoyable comps I have had. We had great company and the weather held up for us.

Great job to Q U, Very good competition!! Hopefully there will be more like poorque. Congrats to everyone!

Back