THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BobBrisket

Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Bob
Well, had to give it a try and BOY did we enjoy it!
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29303&highlight=poobah+prime+rib

I'm just gonna insert the pics and you guys can fill in the blanks. I figured since my Kettle has done a bang up job cooking up great food for us all year long..............let her cook the PR too. We had Mummy Shrooms stuffed with cheese spinach and wrapped in bacon, my favorite squash (spaghetti), black eye peas with bacon for good luck in the new year, grilled romaine drizzled with evoo, kosher salt, and balsamic, did up some onions and a couple jalapenos for me and the onions for my daughter. Had plenty of wine and cerveza and just kicked it here at home with my wife and kids............just the way I like it!!! :thumb: I ended up eating the rib bones......:heh: Enjoy and Happy New Year 2014 to all of ya Farkers and Farkettes!

Bob
primerib004_zpsd8f9d9be.jpg

Waiting for the Black Mud! Little 5lb Roast.
primerib005_zps2273658a.jpg

All shined up and ready to go!
primerib006_zpsfa17f676.jpg

Went with a mix of pistachio chunks and briqs. Just let the chucks catch fire and let it do it's thing.
primerib009_zps36ebcd39.jpg

Mummy Shrooms!
primerib010_zpsb2b9d6fe.jpg

Black Mud has been applied!
primerib011_zps41bf0162.jpg

Spaghetti Squash. Good thing is that this stuff comes in its own bowl!:laugh:
primerib013_zps3ff807c3.jpg

The Romaine.
primerib016_zpsd1d64db1.jpg

Monitoring the Current Temp and looking at the Cliff's Notes!
primerib019_zps29afea4c.jpg

Pulled it around 123 ish or so.
primerib022_zps11961ae7.jpg

Notice the seasoning on the cutting board. It's a mix of Kosher salt, evoo, fresh rosemary and some Greek Seasoning. The slices pick up some of that seasoning as you carve it up. Good stuff!
Told ya.....their own bowls!
primerib025_zpsb2104ec8.jpg

I love these things..........musical food!:heh:
primerib027_zpsd3afdb54.jpg

Heaven!
primerib028_zpsfba3280d.jpg

It was a crusty, good, mess!
Told ya I had the bones!
primerib029_zpsa447046e.jpg

The kids devour this stuff. I figure if a little balsamic will get em to eat greens etc, so be it!
primerib030_zpseb8c5705.jpg

One more plate pic.
primerib031_zpsbbef9421.jpg

The aftermath! I really wanted to lick that cutting board..............seriously!:heh:
primerib032_zpsb6ead5c4.jpg

Thanks for looking. Looking forward to 2014.

Bob and Family!:thumb:

Did you use the thin kikoman teriyaki, or the thick marinade stuff?

I went with Kikkoman soy and the Albertson's store brand Teriyaki. I eyeballed the Montreal, but honestly, you really can't use too much. I let the Montreal sit in the soy and teriyaki for quite a while before applying it to the meat. Once you pour it over, you can use a spoon to gather up the Montreal from the bottom and then start caking it over the roast. Before putting on the Kettle, I discarded the marinade and then applied the second coat of rub which is the sugar/Montreal base. This stuff really sets up well and makes for a nice thick coat and bark. I didn't have turbinado so I used brown sugar. Worked out just fine. I added some garlic and onion powder to the sweet rub.

Bob

No queso?
Whee did you find your rib roast Bob?

LOL! Not last night. We've had tons of queso lately, with tostadas on tamales, you name it! :laugh:

I bought it yesterday at Albertson's. I went out there around 1 or so. They didn't have much left. The other roast they had was a big ole bruiser that clocked in at around $95! :shocked: I found this little guy toward the back of the meat case. Got a hold of it and didn't let go! :becky:

Back