Polar Swine II

Geez....I'll be close, but too busy to attend.....I'm helping open the new Olathe Bass Pro starting next weekend.....

I'm open for leftovers though! LOL

Solidkick said:
Geez....I'll be close, but too busy to attend.....I'm helping open the new Olathe Bass Pro starting next weekend.....

I'm open for leftovers though! LOL
We'll stop in Sunday on our way home if you'll be there. Would like to meet you. PM your cell or where you'll be working if we can run into you.

The Independence Bass Pro will be about 3 miles from my house... IF they ever build it. That's the biggest & longest dirt moving project I've ever seen.

Plowboy said:
Planning on splitting all of my seasoned maple today. Its all I have here at the house. Would be willing to trade some maple next Saturday for other smoking woods.

Andy - Can we have open fires in a firering out there or in one of those enclosed fireplaces? It will determine how much wood I bring.

Last year they let us have fires. I'll have to check on that - I don't see why it would be any different.

Weather.com is calling for rain on Friday(30%) and flurries(30%) on Saturday. Sweet!

Plowboy said:
The Independence Bass Pro will be about 3 miles from my house... IF they ever build it. That's the biggest & longest dirt moving project I've ever seen.

LOL! Todd, that's exactly the same thing I told Gary! :lol:

Just got my camper out of the snow and ice over lunch. It was frozen down and the wheels had sunk into the ground. It took a while, but I finally got it broke loose. This is going to be an adventure.

Its 20 degrees out and gotta be below zero wind chill. Crap its cold, but I can't wait to cook!

About 15 degrees and 1 to 2 inches of additional snow today. You guys are farkin NUTS! Glad I changed my mind on this. Last thing I need two weeks before heading to Hawaii is farkin pneumonia! :roll:

I'm glad to be home with a shower, heat, and running water. Ran between 20-30 degrees all day. The elements were a challenge! Sausage got farked up beyond repair except for one lone fatty. Still placed 7th out of eight. Ribs were more farked than the sasuage. Could pull the bones out of the slab of baby backs, but the meat was tough as bad brisket. 8th out of 8.

I was doing great in my quest to sandbag for the Dead Ass Last award which was the choice pick of all the door prizes. Then came brisket. I kept wanting Andy to call my name so I'd have last place all wrapped up. 8th, 7th,...WTF? 6th, 5th,... come on Andy and call my name! 4th, okay we are getting closer to 1st (which was the only paying position). DON'T Call My Name! 3rd, yes! 2nd... Plowboys BBQ... DAMN!!!

Muchin Hogs took the Grand Championship. We hope to get 25 teams next year which would fill the campground. Someone offered a 500 purse for a Friday night poker party to draw teams. (Of course they were drunk when the offer was made.) More door prizes are planned for next year including a two night stay at the Hilton by the airport.

I'll post some pictures later. I'm sure Andy will post the results. I'd suggest Wayne posting the origin of the Meathead award, but I think Andy's version will be much more lively.

Wife came with me which was great. No kids for the first weekend in almost a year. It was a full day of chick flicks in the camper, but well worth it for some quality time with my gal.

EDIT: Wayne, thanks for pulling my smoker to Polar Swine. I have a gift for you when I see you at Kooker's Kare next month.

Here are the results. Andy has been busy with work, so I thought I would post them.

Sausage:
1. Smoke on Wheels
2. Pit Crew BBQ
3. Munchin' Hogs
4. Mokan Meatheads
5. Bad Ol' Berns BBQ
6. Swine Mutiny
7. Plowboys BBQ
8. Ribs 4 U

Ribs:
1. Munchin' Hogs
2. Swine Mutiny
3. Mokan Meatheads
4. Pit Crew BBQ
5. Ribs 4 U
6. Bad Ol' Berns BBQ
7. Smoke on Wheels
8. Plowboys BBQ

Beef:
1. Munchin' Hogs
2. Plowyboys BBQ
3. Swine Mutiny
4. Pit Crew BBQ
5. Ribs 4 U
6. Smoke on Wheels
7. Mokan Meatheads
8. Bad Ol' Berns BBQ

Overall:
1. Munchin' Hogs
2. Swine Mutiny
3. Pit Crew BBQ
4. Plowboys BBQ
5. Smoke on Wheels
6. Mokan Meatheads
7. Ribs 4 U
8. Bad Ol' Berns BBQ

I heard you all had a great time! At least it wasn't 4 degrees like last year. :lol:

Thanks to KIM for posting the results. Ahh, the meathead award... I cant wait to see your traveling trophy mounted... That is a story that has to get told over a campfire, or a blaring torch lighting a pit... :)

Here are some of the few Polar Swine pics I took.

Attachments

• polarswineII 006 (Small).jpg
    polarswineII 006 (Small).jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 22
  • polarswineII 020 (Small).jpg
    polarswineII 020 (Small).jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 22
  • polarswineII 018 (Small).jpg
    polarswineII 018 (Small).jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 22
  • polarswineII 009 (Small).jpg
    polarswineII 009 (Small).jpg