Plowboys Rub

I use it all the time! Heck, my Mother loves the stuff!

I save all of the trimmings from my comp chicken, toss on some YB, and make up chicken pot pies for her and my daughter. I've gotten to the point that when I have extra split chicken breasts from catering, I season them up with YB and cryo-suck them for her... She can't get enough!!!!

When I made the recipie for my BBQ Sauce "Pig Lotion", The only spice I wanted to use was my rub along with the liquid ingredients. Last time I made a small batch, I used yardbird. They also worked very well together.
Dan

Thanks for the review. I recently purchased Head & Country, and man that sure seemed way too salty for me, maybe it had MSG? I'm looking for a great rub with low sodium.
Whatever you do, don't buy Plowboys and come back here complaining it has MSG or you will be blasted out of the arena (search older threads). Most commercial rubs, as I have learned, have MSG, but you can find some without. Low sodium rub... hmmm... hard to find anything low sodium in this world that sells to consumers so products are rare. I found some "Miss Ruth's No Salt" seasoning that is amazingly flavorful (must like garlic) if in your area, but will not win any cooking contest with average person. You may want to blend some other seasonings with commercial rub to dilute. I tried to avoid sodium for a while and then just gave in and take pills now for blood pressure, but eat "flavorful" food again. :wink:

I love Bovine Bold on crisy fried chicken, especially wings followed up with Frank's hot sauce or a honey/teriyaki coating. I find the flavor of Bovine Bold to be very similar to The Slabs - Kyle Style seasoning if you have every tried that by chance. I believe Plowboys will be a permanent part of my seasonings for a long while.

I had to see what all the fuss was about so I went to Bass Pro and got one of each (Yardbird and Bovine bold)

I used the yardbird on (of course) two chickens, it was very good. then I used it on almost everything else in the house, including popcorn.

The bovine bold finally got used when a picked up a real nice looking tri tip, untrimmed.

I coated it in a mix of melted bacon grease and EVOO, then coated it with Bovine bold, vacuum packed it and cooked it the next day over hot mesquite lump with a couple pasilla peppers on the grill for flavor.

Wow, my best Tri-Tip ever!! by far and I have cooked quite a few.
I'm ready to order 5lb bags now.

Thanks Plowboys!

Those that haven't used it on ribs... you are flat missing out...

and get an extra shaker... just for the popcorn...

I use more on popcorn than I do on que...

Can you tell we are happy Todd is around?

It has chipotle powder in it? :eek: I did not know this, I avoid that stuff as I heard it is bad for you, lots of controversy over chipotle. Wish I knew that, i would have skipped it and gone with Rick's Tropical Delight.

And yes, I do own both the Bovine Bold and Yardbird. Did you know, if you fry up some potato chips and dust with BB, you get really good tasting potato chips. Dust em on ceci beans and roast them, then grind into flour and you get a really great flour for adding to stuff like crepes and tortas etc...?

It has chipotle powder in it? :eek: I did not know this, I avoid that stuff as I heard it is bad for you, lots of controversy over chipotle. Wish I knew that, i would have skipped it and gone with Rick's Tropical Delight.

You are a problem starter! :cool: Don't make me pull this car over, mister.

Back