THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I use a MAPP for starting my BGE. I also like it for the WSM's, although sometimes we use the weed burner. As others already said, if I'm using a chimney, I like the paper towel with oil over the newspaper. Learned that at our first comp when the ashes blew into my boxes!:mad2:

Only thing about propane is, it doesn't work as well when you tip the can upside down. MAPP doesn't have that issue.

The cubes are also ok, but slower

I use my weed burner to start my WSM and my UDS. When Im grilling on my kettle I put the charcoal in a chimney then hold the chimney up with one hand hit it with the weed burner from the bottom. Same effect as using paper but you dont have to mess with rolling the paper up etc.:boxing:

I use the Weber chimney for just about everything, and have been using the above ash-less method almost as long.

I will tell youthat when camping, I change it up. Nothing stirs up the neighbors in a state park like firing up the weed burner to start a campfire. They all come running to see the jet plane!

Back