Pleasant Hill, MO (April 4-5, 2008)

Before everyone gets upset....there are a few things I need to clarify. YES I agree, Tammy, Jeff, Stan and Amy did a tremendous job. I couldn't have asked for better people to help with this competition. We did have 34 teams last year at the Bass Pro Shop and the number did increase this year. However, Central Missouri teams are growing, not only that but we have pulled teams from other States in the past and continue to do so, including, NE, FL, AR, IL, KS, and IA, other than the first year. If any of you have organized a competition you know all of the hard work that goes into it. It is even more difficult (which I didn't take into consideration from the get go on this) to organize something that is not located in your own back yard. It is extremely difficult to keep tabs on everything....and as you said in your thread above "You went out there Thursday night to drop off the pit and they were the only two out there going through the muck to help people get placed." I unfortunately did not have the ability to come up there on Thursday or I would have, had it been in Columbia, I could have.

I don't think and I know I didn't consider the difficulty I would have trying to organize an event from Columbia, and having it in another location. The reason for even moving the event in the first place was for the following: #1 Our organization encompasses the entire State of Missouri, we are trying to support our survivors throughout the entire State. #2 I needed more help and did receive that (there is no question there) with that said it is still extremely difficult to do what I have to from 140 miles away from Pleasant Hill. #3 We needed a larger venue, we did get that as well. I appreciate all the teams that participated and the Parks and Rec board for allowing us to have it at the Cass County Fairgrounds.

With all of this said, I have already spoken to a few people in Pleasant Hill, just because BIA has chosen to move the competition back to Columbia, (For the mere fact that it is easier for me)......I have offered to organize another competition in Pleasant Hill. The difference being....we would help out a local charity or organization there....it would be much easier for me because that charity/organization would be responsible in soliciting funds for sponsors etc....we would continue with a BBQ Competition in Pleasant Hill probably the same date, and we would make it an annual event. The only difference is we would be helping a local charity/organization and not the Brain Injury Association.

I am personally responsible for BIA of Missouri at any event I choose to oversee. It is much easier for me if I can organize something for BIA where I live.

If Pleasant Hill and the teams would like to continue with an annual event, I am all for it, I have even volunteered to organize it. I do not want to see a good thing go away. That is why I suggested helping local organizations, let thier representatives of thier organization do a lot of the leg work in raising money for the event.

I will be happy to continue with this event in helping the local community. You as teams will still continue to help a great cause (a not-for-profit) and have a BBQ Competition. And I will do all that I can to insure the success of the competition and the awareness of the organization Pleasant Hill chooses to support.

With that said.....yes we will have another competition in Pleasant Hill next year.....yes it will be just as fun as this one, we are just going to be supporting another organization.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for laying it out, Aimee.

But my real question is when is the date with Wayne?

Contacted Marty to get another belt so Andy and I can have one each. Nice guy. Thanks for having that card handy.

You are most certainly welcome! Congratulations! I thank you for your understanding with regard to this. All of you are amazing people, and I appreciate all that you have done for and with this event. I am glad you liked the trophies, I am particularly proud of the work those guys do for us. They are extremely unique which adds to the competition. Marty is a super nice guy and will do an excellent job for you.

One more thing.....before I answer the infamous question about Wayne.....

I want to apologize to any and all of the teams for a few comments that I made on Saturday morning. I can only be responsible for my own actions and what I do and say. The things I said Saturday were out of line, and uncalled for. I want all the teams to know that you are utmost important to me and without (you) the teams we couldn't do what we do. Therefore, I apologize for the things that I said and want you to know that I was wrong for saying what I said. I respect and am proud of each and everyone of you. I am sorry.

NOW for the infamous question.......when you bid on something you have to pay for it........not really sure where the $$$$$$ are.......but until then, sorry no date........LOL!!!!! :grin:

You are most certainly welcome! Congratulations! I thank you for your understanding with regard to this. All of you are amazing people, and I appreciate all that you have done for and with this event. I am glad you liked the trophies, I am particularly proud of the work those guys do for us. They are extremely unique which adds to the competition. Marty is a super nice guy and will do an excellent job for you.

One more thing.....before I answer the infamous question about Wayne.....

I want to apologize to any and all of the teams for a few comments that I made on Saturday morning. I can only be responsible for my own actions and what I do and say. The things I said Saturday were out of line, and uncalled for. I want all the teams to know that you are utmost important to me and without (you) the teams we couldn't do what we do. Therefore, I apologize for the things that I said and want you to know that I was wrong for saying what I said. I respect and am proud of each and everyone of you. I am sorry.

NOW for the infamous question.......when you bid on something you have to pay for it........not really sure where the $$$$$$ are.......but until then, sorry no date........LOL!!!!! :grin:

Guess I missed the Saturday morning press conference. Not sure what you are talking about, but... what is it again that Wayne is paying for exactly? :rolleyes: Just trying to keep us on topic here. :twisted:

Guess I missed the Saturday morning press conference. Not sure what you are talking about, but... what is it again that Wayne is paying for exactly? :rolleyes: Just trying to keep us on topic here. :twisted:

Hmmmmmm if I said ONE MEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOON dollars would you believe me? LOL!!!!!!:biggrin:

When Wayne pays......the One MEEEEEEELLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOON dollars......we can discuss the rest........LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

When Wayne pays......the One MEEEEEEELLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOON dollars......we can discuss the rest........LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every girl has her price I guess. Anything for a good cause. :wink:

Every guy has his price too... $1. :icon_cool

Every girl has her price I guess. Anything for a good cause. :wink:

Every guy has his price too... $1. :icon_cool

Very good, does that come with McDonald's coupons? LOL!!!!! You guys are great! I hope you had a good time, and I hope you enjoy your trophies. I will send some pictures as soon as I can get my new camera to work. I need to update some things on my computer to make it compatible with the camera.....kind of bass ackwards.......I know......should have read a little more on the box when I bought the darn thing.....LOL!!!! :icon_smil

Guess I missed the Saturday morning press conference. Not sure what you are talking about,

I believe she's referring to Saturday mornings breakfast conversation in which she was discussing packing up her trophies and her prize purse and going home.

I believe she's referring to Saturday mornings breakfast conversation in which she was discussing packing up her trophies and her prize purse and going home.

Yes that is what I was referring to. I did say that. I apologize, it was uncalled for and out of line. I was wrong. I was mad, and had little sleep, non-the-less that is no excuse. I was wrong, I will fully admit to that. I am responsible for my actions, and I am apologizing wholeheartedly for that comment.

I would never do anything of the sort, although I said I would, I would never in anyway do anything like that. Again I do apologize, I was wrong, and I did not handle the situation in a professional manner. I should have never even utter those words. I do apologize publicly to each and every one of the teams. There is a time and place for everything, that was not the time nor the place, and those words should never have even been spoken whether in public or private. However, the entire situation should have never taken place and I do apologize. Again, it was unprofessional and I did not handle myself well at all.

I did that with my Lego's back 35+ years ago and I still have a few friends that will not talk to me.

Just Kidding, it's all good we all have done some things we are not proud of, and said things too. Life goes on, sounds like everything went well.

I am sorry I had to miss this ledgenday contest. Good luck in the future to all. I am sure Both contests next year will be a HOOT.

See ya in the Smoke Scotty D:wink:

I did that with my Lego's back 35+ years ago and I still have a few friends that will not talk to me.

Just Kidding, it's all good we all have done some things we are not proud of, and said things too. Life goes on, sounds like everything went well.

I am sorry I had to miss this ledgenday contest. Good luck in the future to all. I am sure Both contests next year will be a HOOT.

See ya in the Smoke Scotty D:wink:

There's always Suga' Creek. :wink: I'll wear my Jack Links shirt. If you have an extra for Andy, we could be triplets. :biggrin:

There's always Suga' Creek. :wink: I'll wear my Jack Links shirt. If you have an extra for Andy, we could be triplets. :biggrin:

Did you say TRIPLE TEAM???? :twisted: Day-um... I'm gonna get to drop elbows, forearms, woo hoo!!! Too bad I can't wear the belt while I am doing it!!:cool:

oh yeah I have plenty of shirts. We can do that or you do know I do have a Plowboy shirt also.

Back