Playin' with the products....

code3rrt

Babbling Farker
I've been buying a few new products to try over recent weeks and having some fun trying them out. Here is what I played with last night:
Started with some pork steak, and I believe I got the basic recipe from a Landarc post? I must apologize, I usually make note on the recipe as to where it came from. I did a search and couldn't find the thread, so if this sounds familiar to someone feel free to chime in, but I digress.

The pork steak. First I seasoned it up with kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper and granulated garlic. Then I seared/grilled it direct over high heat, placed in foil pan. I then made a sauce as follows...1/3 Blues Hog Original, 1/3 Blues Hog Tennessee red and 1/3 beer, just the cheap stuff. I poured this over the steaks, foiled and threw those in a 350* oven for 90 minutes. Came out real tastey.
Porkstkandchicthighs001_zps40521308.jpg

Porkstkandchicthighs007_zps69ca4bb3.jpg

Porkstkandchicthighs008_zps124afdc3.jpg

Porkstkandchicthighs009_zps3b972702.jpg

Porkstkandchicthighs012_zpsba166a99.jpg

Porkstkandchicthighs013_zpsf60446a8.jpg

Porkstkandchicthighs014_zpsafce143c.jpg

Porkstkandchicthighs015_zpsabd19d7e.jpg

This was very good, will definitely do this again, really like the Bues Hog sauces. Next time I might try it with Tastey Licks secret sauce.

I also did some chicken thighs, half with Plowboys Yardbird, which I have already used and love, and also tried Tastey Licks Savory Chicken. I hadn't had that one before, and it turned out very good as well. I brined the thighs first in a simple brine, then seasoned up and cooked indirect around 350-375* to an IT of 160*.
Porkstkandchicthighs002_zpsfd6028c7.jpg

Brined and rinsed.
Porkstkandchicthighs005_zpsaa0507d0.jpg

Yardbird.
Porkstkandchicthighs006_zps91f81601.jpg

Tastey Licks Savory Poultry.
Porkstkandchicthighs010_zps1355dba3.jpg

Porkstkandchicthighs011_zps310e0403.jpg

Tastey licks Left, Yardbird right. All very very tastey,enjoyed all the new products.

Thanks for looking.

The pork steak looks fabulous and the chicken......well pass a plate over here..:hungry: But........Keystone.......really.......:tsk:

The chicken and pork steaks look great Code3! Not sure which I would taste first, I want both. :mrgreen: Looks delicious! :clap2:

2 great looking cooks there.... I want to dip a piece of bread into the juice coming from the yard bird chicken, looks killer!

Looks like you enjoy playing with your food.
Looks impressive.
Ditto on the dipping of the bread.
cheers.
Titch

Back