THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bengals served up a Sour Loss. But those Carnitas were sweet!
Maybe a little too sweet. I think I over-sauced or I should have stopped at 2 or 4 but when I was eating my fifth it started tasting like dessert.

Hey man I'm German! What do you expect?
I mean really, Just cause I once dated a girl with a degree in Spanish doesn't mean I know the difference between tacos gusanos and Flaco Jiménez but I'm learning.
IdontknowMexico.jpg

in my mexico the beautiful cookbook:

carnitas estilo uruapan

2 lb boneless pork with some fat, cut into 2" chunks
8 cups water
1/4 onion
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon lard
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup milk

place pork, water, onion, garlic and salt in dutch oven. cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 1-1.5 hours or until the pork is very tender. transfer the meat to colander to drain.

melt the lard in a saucepan. as soon as it bubbles, add the orange juice ad milk, then the pork. cook, uncovered, over medium heat until the meat is browned, 15-20 minutes (the orange juice and milk will cook off, leaving the pork to brown). drain meat and serve with hot corn tortillas and slasa de tomate verde con aguacate. :biggrin:

game day game hen carnitas

typing that up made me hungry, but i didn't have any pork so i used some left over game hen to make these game day game hen carnitas! :biggrin:

gamehencarnita-003.jpg

gamehencarnita-004.jpg

gamehencarnita-005.jpg

Back