Plant City, Fl This Weekend? (merged)

I had some of that 10 egg omelet and it was real good. Thanks Tim. I had a great time. It was nice to meet Sledneck and see everyone else.

Man, really wish I'd been able to spend the time out there this time around. Sounds like I missed alot of the good stuff while I was waiting in line freezing my butt off in Tampa.

OK, and now I'll make the offical annoucement.

Between Jimmy busting my balls and my wife asking me every other day.

I'm gonna give competing a shot(or 3 or 7) in the next year. I'm gonna start buying a few odds and ends that I'll need for the site and begin to practice(alot). I really wish I wasn't going to have to miss Ray's Cook class but there'll be others. I'll be strictly Backyard, no where near pro level. No matter how much I practice.

Congrats to you Ray, Tim and Dave, Rub, Mike, and Jimmy... And thanks for the very kind words Tim, but I think we have a ways to go to live up to that!

Sledneck, it was a pleasure meeting you... Sorry, I was exausted and had to lay down for a little while. I would have loved to talk to you for longer.

It's interesting that the full results were not posted on another forum, like normal when this particular rep, rep's a contest. But, I think he was possibly pressured (or felt pressured) into not doing so. There was apparently some controversy on how the judging was handled, right or wrong, we all had to live with that and be judged with the same advantage or disadvantage.

I am very proud that 8 out of the top 10 teams in this contest were Florida teams. With the volume of great talent at this contest, they can all be very proud of where they finished.

Thank you Plant City Chamber for another great event.

Last edited:
First off i would like to thank Tim and Dave for welcoming me and being such great hosts. You get to see what a brethren is all about when you show up 1200 miles from home and meet for the first time and in less than 5 minutes feel like you have know them for years. I am still thinking about that breakfast, man it was good! You guys really made the trip something to remember. It was also great meeting John, Cracker, Ray(DRBBQUITTER:biggrin: )and Kevin(I knew you were exhausted but was glad to have met you) as well myron and dave(Boy Dave is crazy and damn funny). It was a great contest and i learned alot. Cant wait until next year.

OK, and now I'll make the offical annoucement.

Between Jimmy busting my balls and my wife asking me every other day.

I'm gonna give competing a shot(or 3 or 7) in the next year. I'm gonna start buying a few odds and ends that I'll need for the site and begin to practice(alot). I really wish I wasn't going to have to miss Ray's Cook class but there'll be others. I'll be strictly Backyard, no where near pro level. No matter how much I practice.

Great John

Nothin left to get but the gittin.
I have an ez-up u can use any-time.
Let me know what I can do to Help.

Come down to Sebring and cook chicken for me I forgot how.

Ooooh, another convert to the dark side!!:eek:

No need to go crazy...lot's of us are around to "help"! :mrgreen:

Pick one close by (I'd say Lakeland (duh!), but you'd need to get your app in pretty soon or Winter Haven...both are very well run events.

If you are feeling froggy just look at the FBA calendar and go nuts!!:-D

Remember that the FL contingent is here to "help you" - just like an IG inspector!!:twisted:

Kids Q Grand Champ

I am very proud of my son Nicholas. A lot of you guys know him because he loves to go Qin with Dad on the weekends
He won both divisions in the kids Q (Anything Go’s & Chicken)
I was screwing up my chicken and prepping boxes so he was on his own.
I was told he was the only one that cooked with-out help and managed to cook some damn good wings and Steak & Shrimp skewers.

Here he is with the spoils (3 trophies & new bike)
I came home with a ribbon and $75.00 he whipped me this weekend.

Attachments

• Nicholas GC (2).JPG
    Nicholas GC (2).JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 51
Kids have a way of humbling us, don't they?

Congrats to Nicholas and to the proud dad, too!

I tried one of Nicholas' shrimp and steak kabobs and it was excellent. Congrats to him on a well deserved win.

He is a much better cook than Jimmy!

At least someone can bring home the goods Jimmy! :p

A BIG CONGRATS to Nicholas, and good for you for letting him do it on his own. :eusa_clap

Finally got around to re-typing the overall results.
They have not shown up anywhere else.
Dave and I "got a lock" on DAM (Dead Ass Middle) :redface:
At least we were not too lonely there this time :lol:
I'll settle for a walk for Pork in this crowd any day.

Seems to be a triple points event too. Good deal for some of the guys at the top!
And, State Championship.

Did I miss any Brethren teams?
Long day here :redface:

TIM
------------------------------------------------------------------

OVERALL

1. HomeBBQ.com
2. Skin N Bones
3. Music City Pig Pals
4. Bonesmokers
5. Firehouse BBQ
6. Munchees Smokehouse