THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

zydecopaws

Babbling Farker
Last night was non-traditional pizza night. That's right, we had friends over and I was showing off again. First up was pulled pork, pineapple, and cashews with mozzarella and Big Butz Original sauce on a Trader Joes garlic-herb dough.

IMG_2331.jpg

Next up was something I threatened to do well over a year ago following one of the 4-ingredient challenges. I promised I would make a “My-ah Thai-ah Pizza Pie-ah” using real pizza crust instead of dough from a can. And since I went to all the trouble of making tequila-lime chicken last night, there were no excuses for not throwing one together on another of the garlic-herb doughs and baking it up.

IMG_2335.jpg

And then we had the no sauce veggie pizza. Just because. Yet another garlic-herb dough with mozzarella cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh shredded basil, and mushrooms.

IMG_2340.jpg

For dessert, we had Fruithenge (the pizza), not to be confused with Stonehenge. Younger Daughter was responsible for the fruit arrangement, and had entirely too much fun with it.

IMG_2323.jpg

Ironically, the dessert pizza was made before the other three. The crust was a plain one, brushed with butter, sprinkled with cinnamon-sugar, and cooked fully before the rest of the toppings were added. Once cooled, it was spread with a ricotta cheese, honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg mixture, then topped with fresh pineapple, blueberries, and raspberries. As a final touch, a bit more cinnamon-sugar was sprinkled over the top, and the pizza left to set until it was time for dessert.

Our friends must have been suitably impressed as they are already asking when they can come back and do it again...

Friggin' unusual pizzas for sure but they look great. How were they? What would you do different next time?

They were very good, especially the pulled pork-pineapple-cashew. If I were to do anything different next time around, it would be to try a cream cheese mix instead of ricotta on the dessert pizza and add more fruit to it. Younger Daughter was trying a bit too hard to be artistic and skimped on the berries. I'd also go back to making my own dough if I had more time, but that dough from TJ's is pretty good and hard to improve on.

You sir inspired me to make up six pizza doughs, albeit I am omitting the dessert pie for a cherry crumb pie I promised my wife, but pizzas there SHALL BE! Great looking grub mang.

Quite dissapointing...I thought you're coming back hard with a CrockaQue smoke session.:sad:
I guess this is Phine as well.:wink:

Nice pies Zyd!

Be careful what you ask for. No one else is around tomorrow and I might have to dust off the CrockaQue and put it to use.

Doesn't it get tiring to constantly be creating such delicious looking food? :heh:

No, but once in awhile I screw up.

Ummm, you deliver?

Those look great!!

The BS Keg has been known to be attached to the receiver hitch on the truck and become a mobile pizza oven in the past. But I don't guarantee anything in 30 minutes or less... :wacko:

Back