Pizza oven reviews and recommendations

Following up on Moose and Whiskey - I have a 19.5 x 19.5 griddle for my pellet grill.
I can get some great pizza on that $80 hunk of steel. Pizza has a great woodfire aroma to it and it's about 6 minutes per pizza. I've been making pizzas for quite some time but I don't make pizza often enough to justify $1000.

I have an ooni koda 16 and love it, however i would Highly recommend the new Blackstone. Simply put I am not the biggest fan of turning pizzas. For me I have had to many dough breakthroughs in mine. I ended up modifying my ooni by putting a motor, a steel round plate and a round pizza stone, so once I launch the pizza I do not touch it till its fully cooked. Now, with the new blackstone that is all done for you, I had the original but sold it..no complaints on it.

Good luck and happy pizza making, its a fun hobby

I've seen many folks purchase pizza ovens with little to no pizza making experience seduced by the allure of various ovens only to see those ovens wind up collecting dust or getting sold after failed attempts because there wasn't a solid foundation in place. A home oven is the best place to start.[/QUOTE]

Moose ... right on .... Haven't used my CampChef oven in a while mostly because I'm too lazy to make dough ... as any close markets don't carry good dough like Trade Joes or Ralphs. The oven works really well though. Closest Trader Joe's is about 30 miles ... maybe take a road trip and buy and freeze...

I'm with Moose and Whisky. I make pizza at least once every couple of weeks, they're very popular here. I use my kitchen oven and a baking stone. The weather here is too windy for a pizza oven. And besides, nothing beats the house smelling like a pizzeria!! Especially if you make your own dough and sauce like I do. However you do it, keep on doing it, and enjoy!

Wind blows here very regular and the Blackstone really not affected by it.

Anyone that can find a Gen 1 Blackstone should grab it up as fast as possible.

8 years on mine and have only replaced the motor last year.

+1

I picked mine up second hand a few years ago. I couldn't refuse the price he was asking and it only saw a couple Papa Murphy's pizzas. One of the better purchases I've made when it comes to tools for the kitchen. Hard to find but worth the money if one comes available.

Back